Not able to integrate usb hub usb4604 onto imx8mm custom board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to integrate usb hub usb4604 onto imx8mm custom board.

anushan
Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

we are trying to use the im8m mini usb otg2 with usb hub(usb4604)  for  mouse and other devices. It is found that it is not working and log file of our board  not detecting the usb hub and mouse.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Regards,

Anusha

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ceggers1
Contributor IV

I use a similar USB hub on a custom board. Depending on the values of the strapping pins, the hub either connects automatically to the i.MX, it reads configuration data from an I2C eeprom, or acts as an I2C slave and waits for configuration.

In my design, the HUB waits for configuration via I2C/SMBUS. I use a custom Linux driver to configure the HUB. After configuration is finished, the HUB appears on the i.MX USB interface.

Best regards

Christian

0 Kudos

anushan
Contributor III

Hi Christian,

In our case we have integrated the usb hub directly to usb 2.0 (dp and dm) this was the usb type c on the evk which was used as a power supply.

Regards,

Anusha

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anusha

first one can check if usb4604 configured properly: check power supplies,

clocks and strap pins using datasheet below, note it can work also in hsic mode.

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/00001716B.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anushan
Contributor III

Hi Igorpadykov,

We have gone through the data sheet, and ensured that the power supplies and clocks are correct. But, am not aware of the strap pins, what are strap pins?

Regards,

Anusha

0 Kudos

ceggers
Contributor V

Hi Anusha,

a "Strap pin" is a kind of configuration pin (often found on ethernet PHYs). At normal operation, a strap pin has output functionality (e.g. link/activity LED). But at power on/reset time, the strap pin acts as a configuration input. Depending on external pullup/pulldown resistors, a particular configuration option (device depended) is selected.

I hope this answers your question.

regerds

Christian

0 Kudos