No power from USB device port MCIMX6UL-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power from USB device port MCIMX6UL-EVK

nsohacki
Contributor II

I am using the MCIMX6UL_EVK board. I have configured the controller attached to the device port as host, however I am not receiving any power from the port. If the device I connect to this port is self-powered, everything works fine. How can I get the device port to output power?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can refer to chapter 37 "Power Management Unit" of i.MX 6UL Reference Manual.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nsohacki
Contributor II

Hi Victor,

Thank you for the suggestion, but this chapter doesn't seem to tell me how to program the USB controller to output power. Instead, it seems to talk about how the power from the USB controller affects other parts of the processor. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The other chapters I have looked through are chapters 54 "USB" and 55 "USB-PHY", but after looking through all the registers and setting them to my desired values, I still am unable to output power from the device port.

According to Section 54.6.31 "USB_nPORTSC1), the device port should output if PP is set, but no power is outputted from the device port.

0 Kudos

nsohacki
Contributor II

Bump.

0 Kudos