cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No display in i.mx 508 e-ink

ikerMarinelaren
Contributor II

Hello,

I know that the are no many developers who have worked with this board, but maybe somebody can help.

The problem is that after unpacking the board, I introduced de preĺoaded Linux SD card, everything seemed to work well because the Linux penguin appeared on the board screen, but after that no system was shown in the board, but i was already working in my minicom.

I have not been ably to display anything but the penguin. On the start, qhen the system is charging, i receive the next problem:

mxc_epdc_fb mxc_epdc_fb: Display HW not properly initialized

But i haven't found much about it on the net.

It would be nice if somebody could help me a little bit, because I don't know what else can I do.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

JJHawg
Contributor I

Greetings.

I am having the same problem, did you ever get a decent answer?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

VadivelmuruganR
Contributor I

It is not problem with hardware initialization ,while bring up and still you can run test application which is given by FSL

once if you get linux shell prompt.

Execute these commands

#cd /

#cd unit_tests

unit_test#./mxc_epdc_fb_test.out

Regards,

R.Vadivel Murugan

iWave Systems

Regards,

0 Kudos

VadivelmuruganR
Contributor I

It is not problem with hardware initialization ,while bring up and still you can run test application which is given by FSL

once if you get linux shell prompt.

Execute these commands

#cd /

#cd unit_tests

unit_test#./mxc_epdc_fb_test.out

Regards,

0 Kudos

ManotSwasdee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
We need to see if the u-Boot environments has been set up correctly.  Please dump the u-Boot environments.
0 Kudos

ManotSwasdee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you say that you see the Linux penguin on the EPD? 

The Display HW not properly initialized message indicates that either the device driver is not opened or the waveform file is missing in most cases.

I assume that you are using a quick start kit with i.MX508 RD3 + eBook add-on DC1 boards.  After logging in as root, change the directory to the unit_tests, '/unit_tests', and run the EPDC framebuffer unit test.  The command to run the unit test is  './mxc_epdc_fb_test.out'.

Please capture the log of the unit test if it is not working.

Manot

0 Kudos