cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sensor driver: board_mx6q_sabresd.c is missing

Jump to solution
andreatessadri
Contributor I

I am writing a new driver to support a new sensor Aptina MT9J003 and I am following the BSP Porting Guide.

When I came to the point to add a new platform_data structure into the I2C bus, I cannot find in my build environment the file board_mx6q_sabresd.c as mentioned into the BSP Porting Guide.

I have properly created the build environment with export MACHINE="imx6qsabresd" (that is also the default configuration) but as well I cannot find in <build-dir>/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/driver/arch/arm  (and subdirs ...) any file board_imx6q_*.

Thank you in advance

Andrea

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrea

please look at yocto docs, i.MX_6_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

L3.10.17_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS   Linux 3.10.17 BSP & MM Bundle

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sanjayanand
Contributor II

Hey Andrea,

We were also planning to port from MT9P006 to MT9J003

If it is okay could you please share the driver code??

Thanks in advance. :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Sanjay Anand

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrea

please look at yocto docs, i.MX_6_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

L3.10.17_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS   Linux 3.10.17 BSP & MM Bundle

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
andreatessadri
Contributor I

Thanks Igor for this documents.

What I don't know is how to understand which is my board name. Actually is IMX6Q-SabreSD but I cannot figure out where is the .c file calling the board_init function.

Could you help me ?

Thanks

Andrea

0 Kudos
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using kernel 3.10 then there are no board files anymore. These were replaced by device tree.

Take a look at arch/arm/boot/dtx/imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi

andreatessadri
Contributor I

Thanks both of you guys, I've got now that the doc bundle refers to the new kernel.

So the dts file replaces the board file.

0 Kudos