cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network filter running on m4

mail2
Contributor I

Hello,

I have imx8mq-evk. I build linux with dnf repos, and I have fully functional board with os running on.

I have ssh access to it too, so I can easily manage linux side from the net. But.

I need realtime network traffic management, but im afraid that linux scheduler will be my problem.

Is there any possibility to move network management to rtos? There is no enet driver in sdk for my board.

I found sources for ethernet, mii, mac, ip, tcp around in the internet, but it seems to me not shortest path to go.

Can some one tell me how to manage network traffic from M4 instead of main cpus?

Is it possible that linux running on main will share net devices with m4 cpu?

Can I run rtos together with linux in the same time?

I'm new in this world, any advice to what I need study will be appreciated.

Regards Ladislav.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ladislav

one can check MCUXpresso SDK 2.3 for i.MX 8MQuad GA, though

seems there is no network example in it

i.MX Software|NXP 

Modules can be shared with help of RDC described in sect.3.2 Resource Domain

Controller (RDC) i.MX8MDQ Reference Manual
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX8MDQLQRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mail2
Contributor I

Thx, for response :smileyhappy: I thout too, that should be a way, Ill study better 2.3 chapter. As you know is there any example? Some code what i can use to test? :smileyhappy: Hard to write it all from scratch ...

regards ladislav.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP has Professional Services for helping customers to develop specific applications

NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

mail2
Contributor I

Hello,

Thx for response.

Any idea about time / costs of ENET driver for RTOS? 

I need filter out some specific packets from network trafic, and what will remain I'll forward it to the linux running on A53.

I suppose that I need remove network HW from device tree of linux, and connect it to the M4, then I have to make some sort of virtual NIC on linux side, so linux will use network too, but only what will be filtered by M4.

Ist it ever possible?

Best regards

Ladislav.

0 Kudos