Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needs boot time and performance of i.MX 6UL/ULL EVK with win10 iot core

Jump to solution
yanming2013mo
Contributor I

Hi all,

Is there a demo/information about the boot time (duration from power on to the default UWP app run) and performance (e.g. web browser APP performance) of the i.MX 6UL/ULL EVK board running Windows 10 IoT Core (default Windows 10 IoT Core image downloaded here: https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/windows-10-iot-core-for-i-mx-app...)?

i.MX 6ULL EVK

i.MX6ULL 900 MHz Arm Cortex-A7 core, MCIMX6Y2DVM09AB

4 Gb DDR3L SDRAM, 400 MHz

TF Card storage

i.MX 6UL EVK:

i.MX 6UltraLite 696 MHz Arm® Cortex®-A7 core

4 Gb DDR3L SDRAM, 400 MHz

TF Card storage

Any information is appreciated!

Best Regards

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yanming2013mo,

There is no specific boot up time this because is all depends of the hardware that is use it, as the estimate time take 30 seconds but it's estimate time, for the performance you can look into the manuals, look in the next link:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/windows-10-iot-core-for-i-mx-app...

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Israel H.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yanming2013mo,

There is no specific boot up time this because is all depends of the hardware that is use it, as the estimate time take 30 seconds but it's estimate time, for the performance you can look into the manuals, look in the next link:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/windows-10-iot-core-for-i-mx-app...

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Israel H.

0 Kudos
yanming2013mo
Contributor I

Hi @nxf63675 ,

Thanks for the reply.
I have updated the thread clearly and please have a look. The boot time and performance of the i.MX 6UL/ULL EVK board is valuable for me. Could you please give me more detailed information?
BTW, there is nothing information about boot time and performance in the documents you have mentioned. Please do it yourself before answer the question.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@yanming2013mo ,

NXP does not provide a performance value or boot time for an specific OS, you need to contact the OS manufacturer if you need that specific value for an Architecture, as you mention,  even an EVK taking as HW defined, there is other factors like external drivers, and other features in the OS that you may need and we may not able to test.

as we mention in a control test, with IOT image like the one in the link provided it took 30 sec.  We will glad you to share any information of the i.Mx6ULL if you want to know about it

0 Kudos
yanming2013mo
Contributor I

Hi, @jamesbone ,

Thanks for your reply.

As I have mentioned, the test is simple, just test the default image with the EVK without any other thing involved!
THAT MEANS:
1. make a bootable TF card.
2. plug the TF card into the EVK board, connect the HDMI (or LCD is fine if there is no HDMI), and the power adapter to the EVK board, and without ANY OTHER hardware or periphery connection.
3. power on the EVK and count the time until the default UWP app appears.
4. open the web browser APP, type "www.yahoo.com" and whether there is good user experience or just with the crash? BTW, there is an emulator keyboard of the Windows 10 IoT core OS.
I have tested the Win10 IoT with the DragonBoard 410c (Cortex-A53, 4*1.2GHz, 1GBytes RAM, 8GBytes eMMC 4.5), the boot time is about 50 sec. I will never believe the boot time of the 6ULL/UL EVK board is 30 sec unless there is a demo.
Thanks.

0 Kudos