cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to make UART3 working properly using i.MX 8M Nano Ultralite DDR3L EVK

Krisna
Contributor II

Hi there,

Right now I'm developing i.MX 8M Nano Ultralite DDR3L EVK. I'm planning to use UART3 as RS232 driver. I follow this document to generate yocto project: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

So I have successfully generate core-image-minimal, now I can see that UART3 is available on /dev/ttyxmc2. But, weird things happen when I call stty -F /dev/ttyxmc2, suddenly Linux OS is not responding that I should do hard reset to make Linux working again. There is no problem when I call stty -F /dev/ttyxmc1 (serial console UART), so it's safe to say that stty doesn't have any problem.

Problem still persist when I use core-image-base, but when I generate imx-image-core, suddenly UART3 is working. So my take is, there is nothing wrong with the hardware, it's just something with yocto project configuration. Now, sure I can use imx-image-core, but the image is so big (around 1.6GB), so if possible, I would like to use core-image-minimal as my own base image.

So how to configure core-image-minimal to make UART3 working properly? Any ideas or suggestion is pretty much appreciated. Thank you for your time and assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can try to build "core-image-full-cmdline". It is small also and more linux commands can be used.

0 Kudos