cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help about uboot boot arguments for micro sd card slot change

deepakbhagat
Contributor II

Hi,

In our custom which is similar to sabresdp imx6 quad core. In our custom board we have used imx6 solo instead of quad and also change the sd card slot from SD3 which is in sabresd to SD1 in our custom board. there is no eMMC card on our custom board. I am using LTIB build system. I would like to know what changes are require in uboot to fetch the kernel properly and in which file I need to set the defualt configuration. I have used make mx6solo_sabresd_config to build the uboot. I was able to run the uboot from SD card from sd1 but not able to load the kernel from sd1 following are the printenv log

bootdelay=3

baudrate=115200

ipaddr=192.168.1.103

serverip=192.168.1.101

netmask=255.255.255.0

loadaddr=0x10800000

rd_loadaddr=(0x1300000)

netdev=eth0

ethprime=FEC0

uboot=u-boot.bin

kernel=uImage

nfsroot=/opt/eldk/arm

bootargs_nfs=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=${serverip}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp

bootcmd_net=run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs; tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; bootm

bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} ip=dhcp root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait

bootcmd_mmc=run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc; mmc dev 3; mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x800 0x2000; bootm

ethact=FEC0

bootargs_base=console=ttymxc0,115200

bootcmd_msd=run bootargs_msd; mmc dev 2; fatload mmc 2 ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; bootm

bootargs_msd=setenv bootargs ${bootargs_base} root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 rootfstype=ext4 rw rootwait

bootcmd=run bootcmd_msd

stdin=serial

stdout=serial

stderr=serial

bootargs=console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 rootfstype=ext4 rw rootwait

please help me where I am going wrong.

Regards,

Deepak Bhagat

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Deepak Bhagat,

Which BSP are you using? In your design you use the SD1, so you have to modify the u-boot command to use SD1, the default is SD3. 

Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos