cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP 1050 EVK Firmware update

pavan_kote
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using NXP 1050 Evolution Kit. I want to devlop a application to update the firmware using USB on FreeRTOS. It means Firmware kept in USB. Is there any examples available for Firmware update. Please suggest some idea to implement this application. If there is some example to refer please share a link.

6 Replies

pavan_kote
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Can we store 2 different images in HyperFlash and switch from one another.

If one application already using  boot from HyperFlash external Flash(HyperFlash) can we get a permission to access  the flash and write the some data into it at run time. 

Regards,
Pavan

0 Kudos

pavan_kote
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

As you mention i use the usb_host_msd_fatfs to my application implementation idea. I am having some queries.

Query list:-

1. Can we store 2 different application in HyperFlash if so how can we switch from one another.

2. Currently i tried read 2nd application binary file and Updated in HyperFlash. and i want to know how to switch or switching logic.

3. My idea is to divide the HyperFlash and store 2 different applications.

Regards,
Pavan

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pavan,

You may create 2 different applications but you need to edit the linker file to tell the linker where to place both applications. Lets say that the first application will be loaded in the default base address indicated by the linker file and for the second application you must add and offset to the base address in the linker file. The first application should start automatically and in this application you can jump to the entry point of the other application with assembly code.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pavan,

do you mean the i.MXRT to be USB host? Or the i.MXRT to be a USB device?

Carlos

0 Kudos

pavan_kote
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

i.MXRT should to be USB Host. I just want to write the custom bootloader to update firmware from usb drive or Connect USB from USB OTG.

Pavan 

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pavan,

unfortunatelly we dont have any USB host bootloader example already developed. However you could start from the following example provided in IMXRT SDK

<EVKB-IMXRT1050_SDK_Intall_Path>\boards\evkbimxrt1050\usb_examples\usb_host_msd_fatfs

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!