cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVCC_SDx Power in iMX6SoLite

Jump to solution
Lankor
Contributor I

From IMX6SLCEC.pdf datasheet(Table 79, Rev.1,11/2012),  there are no Ball Pins for NVCC_SD1/2/3.  Do they internally connect to a power source in iMX6SL? What do they connect with?

Thanks,

LLiu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lankor,

Just received the complete information. I think this will clarify. I apologize about the confusion before. In our EVK, we supply VDD_HIGH and NVCC_3V3 with the same source, that's why I confused these.

1)  - All balls marked power group “NVCC_GPIO”, “NVCC_LCD” or “NVCC_SDx” in the current datasheet (Rev 1) are dual voltage IOs. The user supplies NVCC33_IO and NVCC18_IO. In the IOMUX for each pin, the user selects either 3.3V or 1.8V operation using the LVE field in the Pad Control Register for each pin.

2)  - All balls marked power group “NVCC_JTAG” in the current datasheet (Rev 1) are operated from NVCC33_IO only.

3)  - Balls HSIC_DAT and HSIC_STROBE should be shown as power group “NVCC_1P2V”.

These corrections will be made in revision 2 of the datasheet.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lankor,

The SD interfaces in the i.MX6SL are supplied by VDD_HIGH, so you have to supply your SD card slots with this same voltage too.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
Lankor
Contributor I

Hi, Jorge,

Thanks for your answer.

Could you tell me where I can find the info about what the voltage range of NVCC_SD1/2/3 and NVCC_GPIO? They are not mentioned neither in the IMX6SLCEC.PDF nor in the IMX6SLRM.PDF. Do I have to check other datasheets related to iMXSolo or Dual/Quad?

I need to use dual voltage for eMMC(VCCQ=1.8V and VCC=3.0V).

Thanks,

Lankor

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lankor,

Just received the complete information. I think this will clarify. I apologize about the confusion before. In our EVK, we supply VDD_HIGH and NVCC_3V3 with the same source, that's why I confused these.

1)  - All balls marked power group “NVCC_GPIO”, “NVCC_LCD” or “NVCC_SDx” in the current datasheet (Rev 1) are dual voltage IOs. The user supplies NVCC33_IO and NVCC18_IO. In the IOMUX for each pin, the user selects either 3.3V or 1.8V operation using the LVE field in the Pad Control Register for each pin.

2)  - All balls marked power group “NVCC_JTAG” in the current datasheet (Rev 1) are operated from NVCC33_IO only.

3)  - Balls HSIC_DAT and HSIC_STROBE should be shown as power group “NVCC_1P2V”.

These corrections will be made in revision 2 of the datasheet.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lankor,

I've just sent an e-mail to the designers. This info should be included in the datasheet, but I don't know why it's missing. I'll send you the info as soon as I have it and will update the datasheet with it too.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos