cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPU specifications i.MX 8M Plus

mhafner
Contributor I

Dear team!

For our bachelors thesis we (me and 2 colleagues) have to evaluate the board for industrial ML-Applications.

We found this paper:

EIQ FOR I.MX8 

First, there is a description that the board uses Verisilicon´s VIP 8000 Chip and below they wrote that a VIP9000 is used. Which one is the right now? Are there any specification sheets for us? We really want to understand how the NPU calculates over neural networks in detail and where and how we can evaluate boarders for the usage of this SoC. Especially how the hardware acceleration works.

Vision Image Processor (VIP)

On page 9 is a description off the different VIP types. How can we understand this graphics what does the x-axis say? We read, that the NPU has 3 Tensor Processing Cores and 6 Neural Network Cores, sum = 9 cores.

Hopefully you are able to help us and to gain an understanding!

Kind regards,

Michael

2 Replies

mhafner
Contributor I

Hello,

thank you for your response!

We read the iMX8Mplus reference manual, but there are still some questions open.

Page 5910 says that there is a network size limit of 2048, but how is the network size defined? Nodes, layers weights, etc.?
It also describes RNN support with yes, how can RNN´s be accelerated with the NPU?

Regards

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello mhafner,

You can read the iMX8Mplus reference manual and the Linux reference manual for more information.

Regards

0 Kudos