cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAND over PATA_DATA_xx ?

Noel_V
Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been digging into sample code and schematics for the iMX53 for some days now.

I'm missing something, the the IO-MUX_tool recommends the connection of a NAND-flash to the PATA_DATA_xx pins, but while looking in the KERNEL-sources 2.6.35.x and UBOOT-sources.

There seems to be none of the eval-boards that has the NAND connected to the PATA_DATA_xx pins but in stead of PATA_DATA_xx but EIM_DAxx used.

It seems that all de definitions of the IOMULTIPLXER for PATA_DATA_xx are missing, or I'm I really looking over something ?

Anyone .. that has a board booting from NAND over PATA_DATA_xx that is willing to share some details / sample code ?

Kind regards Noel.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi

If you want to find those setting either for EIM_DATA or PATA_DATA you have to correlate the GPIO settings that are available in the MUX Code.

Regards  Krishna Pavan

0 Kudos

Noel_V
Contributor III

Hi  Krishna Pavan

I'm looking into EVK for i.MX53 that supports NAND... But also on this board NAND connected to EIM_DAxx and not to PATA_DATA_xx.

Also no definitions for PATA_DATA_xx pins in the MUX code ????

This is what worries me.

Regards Noel

Krishna Pavan said:

Hi Noel,

Just check, if EVK for i.MX53 supports/has NAND, because, i.MX51 doesnot have a NAND Flash.

Regards  Krishna Pavan

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi Noel,

Just check, if EVK for i.MX53 supports/has NAND, because, i.MX51 doesnot have a NAND Flash.

Regards  Krishna Pavan

0 Kudos