cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAND / boot / efuses

Noel_V
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm having some questions, please read on.

I would like to interface a NAND flash with the IMX53, when using the IO-MUX_tool I get the recommendation of connecting this NAND-flash to the PATA_DATA_xx pins , but while looking in the KERNEL-sources 2.6.35.x there seems to be none of the eval-boards that has the NAND connected to the PATA_DATA_xx pins but in stead of PATA_DATA_xx but EIM_DAxx used.

Is there any particular reason for this ?

Anyone succeeded in booting the IMX53 from NAND?

If so, I wonder if you have a 'tool' to create a valid NAND-flash-image (ref to NAND-FCB and NAND-DBBT format, page 500/501 ref manual).

Is there a known-working u-boot that boots from NAND, and that has USB support as well?

Is there any one that has a 'FUSE-tool' that allows me to blow-efuses, that is relative safe?

Because I see, that may of you have been having troubles (which means breaking boards) while 'expirimenting' with efuses.

Thank You,

Noel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mdc
Contributor V

Look here for some info on ubifs for NAND and fuse blowing examples:

http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53hardwaredesign/forum/topics/flashing-nand-with-ubifs-and-burning-...

0 Kudos

DougMartens
Contributor II

We are booting the iMX53 over NAND.  We are using an 8 bit 2Gb part from Micron and the data bus is connected to the pata_data{0..7}.  From a tool side, I am not sure how the software guy did it.  But I do know that there was some flaws in small block NAND u-boot and kernel support and we were working our way through that when we decided to go the 2Gb part.

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Yes Noel,

Better not go for eFUSES,  They are only useful, when the product is on mass production.

Cannot comment on NAND usage.

Regards  ::    Krishna Pavan

0 Kudos