Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple verisions (B0 and C0) of SECO firmware embedded in ahab-container

Jump to solution
mlarsson
Contributor I

Hi,

We are planning software support boards for both iMX8DX1 and iMX8DX6. Unfortunately, these are of two different silicon revisions (B0 and C0) which thus far has shown that we'll need to two different boot images which is a bit problematic.

So, I am here looking for a better solution where we only would need one boot image to support both silicon revisions. Looking into imx_mkimage, we are adding the SECO firmware with "-append" which sort of suggests that we might be able to embed two variants, but so far, without success.

To the question, is this even possible or are we stuck with creating two seperate boot images in order to support both silicon revisions?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mlarsson 

The seco fw is different for two different silicon revisions (B0 and C0), even though we can add these two together, ROM code can't decide which one to be loaded.

Best regards

Harvey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mlarsson 

The seco fw is different for two different silicon revisions (B0 and C0), even though we can add these two together, ROM code can't decide which one to be loaded.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos
mlarsson
Contributor I
Alright, thanks. Then it is like we expected. Too bad C0 is not backwards compatible
0 Kudos