Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ipu.h in sdk

Jump to solution
christophe
Contributor V

Hi all,

A trouble with yocto:

I use the following linux version for imx6: https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/tree/boundary-imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga

Application is compiled with sdk obtained by: bitbake fsl-image-multimedia.bb -c populate_sdk 

Now, regarding ipu.h file file in sdk:

@ubuntu:~/tools/sdk/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi$ find . -name ipu.h
./usr/include/ipu.h
./usr/src/kernel/include/linux/ipu.h
./usr/src/kernel/include/config/mx3/ipu.h
./usr/src/kernel/include/config/mxc/ipu.h
./usr/src/kernel/include/uapi/linux/ipu.h

ipu.h that is used by application compiler is found in /usr/include. It is the file for which ioctl addresses are reserved.

But when looking at in this file, i have a 1301 lines long file. Ioctl defined in it are not those i need for the ipu control in my application (IPU_CHECK_TASK, IPU_QUEUE_TASK, IPU_ALLOC, IPU_FREE). Instead, i find 42 other IPU ioctl that seems to be useful to internal ipu package.

Now, when locking at in /usr/src/kernel/include/uapi/linux/ipu.h, i can find a 293 lines long ipu.h file, that contains the correct headers and ioctl (IPU_CHECK_TASK, IPU_QUEUE_TASK, IPU_ALLOC, IPU_FREE).

So, i suppose there's a problem with ipu.h in the sdk. First why 2 different files with the same name could be present ? And especially, why the file that contains ioctl (IPU_CHECK_TASK, IPU_QUEUE_TASK, IPU_ALLOC, IPU_FREE) is not available in /usr/include, as it could be as header file.

Regards,

Christophe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
christophe
Contributor V

Solved.

mismatch in .h files.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply