cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple i.MX8M Mini boards flashing at same time

Nikhil_Kale
Contributor I

Hello NXP team
We have developed a custom board based on i.MX8M Mini processor. Currently, we are using the uuu tool in the Linux machine for the flashing. The problem is each flash is taking time.

Please give your valuable advice on the below queries
1] Is there any way we can flash multiple custom boards(i.MX8M Mini) in parallel?
2]There is multiple flasher utility available for the flashing like imx_usb_loader, uuu, and MFG tool, which one is best that can be preferable in the production cycle?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nikhil_Kale ,

I hope you're having a great day. UUU has muli-board support and the number of devices that can be flashed at once is limited by the number of ports in your host device.

For more information on how to achieve this you can consult the UUU pdf documentation file found in each release in GitHub (Releases · NXPmicro/mfgtools (github.com)). Specifically, review section "3.3 multi boards support". This section includes instructions for both flashing same and different boards at once.

Deciding which tool is best for flashing in production cycle could vary depending on the necessities of each manufacturer, but UUU was designed specifically to replace MFGTools and supports more than 4 devices (unlike MFGTools which has a 4-device limit).

Let me know if this was of any help. 

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos

Nikhil_Kale
Contributor I

Hi @hector_delgado 

Thanks for the quick response

As you mention in the section '3.3 multi boards support' in the UUU pdf documentation file. By using this can we flash multiple custom i.MX8M Mini boardsin parallel?

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nikhil_Kale ,

I hope you're having a great day. Yes, that command would allow UUU to monitor available ports for all known board types and proceed to the flashing process. This is assuming the 'uuu.auto' is the flashing script. 

A similar example and more general information regarding UUU Tool can be found in the following presentation i.MX 8 Universal Update Utility (UUU) Tools and Pi... - NXP Community

I hope this was of any help to you.

Best regards,
Hector,

0 Kudos

Nikhil_Kale
Contributor I

Hi @hector_delgado 

Thanks for the quick response.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos