Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MultiMedia-Audio Output] Need an answer to confirm this discussion

Jump to solution
tongchunyang
Contributor III

Hi All

Good Morning.

Now I have a question need to be confirmed. The question's details just like bellow:

1, Decided to using I2S output port AUDMUX4/ESAI to output the PCM data.

2, The understanding of the audio file codec is imaged bellow.

Sample.png

Description:

Just like image shows above, there are many audio files with different sample rate from USB device. By the soft side, these different rates are converted to the fixed rate, and then decode the file to RAW data and

push into SSI&ESAI. Finally to the ASRC converted to another fixed sample rate(48Kbps) to output.

Questions:

1, Is the understanding above correct?

2, If the understanding above is correct. Is there maybe some sound output dely and original sample rate should be changed error occurred?

3, Is the LRCK frequency of the I2S' output is fixed with 48KHz(because of the sample rate is 48Kbps), can this value be changed anymore?

Best Regards

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
Re: [MultiMedia-Audio Output] Need an answer to confirm this discussion

Adrian Alonso LazcanoEmployee

Hi Tong,

Audio clock configuration is perform on "decode" stage from your diagram, here the linux driver for audio card

will trigger a callback that will configure ESAI to work at a certain sample frequency (depends on the tag info passed by the audio file).

when ASRC is enabled it will re sample if needed. (board file pass a data struct with the native supported sample rates that a codec

can support).

The LRCK frequency can be changed but depends on the actual codec for example iMX6Q Sabre Auto board uses codec cs48888,

tha datashet say that for a given master clock freq, the codec can support a set of frequencies; 48k is the default config, but it could

also support 96k, 192k.

Regards

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Tong

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos
tongchunyang
Contributor III

Hi Yixing

Thanks for your reply.

I still need to know about this issue, and please help me.

Best wishes

TongChunyang

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Chunyang

I will branch your question into an internal group and assign an engineer to work on it. If you do not see anything back in 5 days, please reply here again.

Regards,

Yixing

0 Kudos
tongchunyang
Contributor III

Hi Yixing

Thanks for help action.

And waiting for good news

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
Re: [MultiMedia-Audio Output] Need an answer to confirm this discussion

Adrian Alonso LazcanoEmployee

Hi Tong,

Audio clock configuration is perform on "decode" stage from your diagram, here the linux driver for audio card

will trigger a callback that will configure ESAI to work at a certain sample frequency (depends on the tag info passed by the audio file).

when ASRC is enabled it will re sample if needed. (board file pass a data struct with the native supported sample rates that a codec

can support).

The LRCK frequency can be changed but depends on the actual codec for example iMX6Q Sabre Auto board uses codec cs48888,

tha datashet say that for a given master clock freq, the codec can support a set of frequencies; 48k is the default config, but it could

also support 96k, 192k.

Regards

Adrian

0 Kudos
tongchunyang
Contributor III

Hi Karina

Thanks for your helpful answer.

And I will learn with your answer.

Best Wishes

TongChunyang

0 Kudos