Multi-channel audio on i.MX28

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-channel audio on i.MX28

DanielWinner
Contributor I

I am trying to get multi-channel audio working on the i.MX28.  We have 6 channels linked between another processor and the i.MX.  I am trying to figure out how to determine what channel I am on, I can't seem to figure out a way to do it.

Since there is only one data register, when I start up I can't tell if I am reading channel 1-6, there is nothing in the status registers that indicates the status of the LR clock or what FIFO the data register is currently accessing.  In the manual it states that when a FIFO condition occurs (overrun/underrun) I should shut down the SAIF, clear the FIFOs and restart, that way I will not loose LR sync.  Well how do I do that, do I just read the FIFO 4 times, that doesn't seem to clear the service bit, but it does clear the overflow bit.

Basically, I need to know when the driver starts reading data that it is ready from channel 1 first.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Daniel

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Daniel

We have not got your response yet and will close the diacussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Dan

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the

issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need Freescale help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos