cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one LTIB on same hosts?

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

Noob question.......

I have a mx53QSB and a mx28EVK and I have built systems in the past for both. I currently have the LTIB from my mx53QSB loaded and it is working great. 

I now need to build for my mx28EVK, and can I use the same LTIB, or do I load both on the same machine?

Will this break something in the /opt/freescale directories? I am worried that they are at different versions and it might mess up the gcc build tree.

Am I off base or can it be done?

Can I pull LTIB from a git source that has both in them?

I would load the LTIB's as follows

MX53 in ~/mx53/ltib

MX28 in ~/mx28/ltib

Thanks,

James

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

JimMalone
Contributor III

We are using chroot to isolate BSP builds between an i.MX53 and i.MX6.

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi,

Even if you have all the packages in same folder, the conf spec will pick the right packages and versions from available pool.

So you dont have to worry about more.

0 Kudos

JasonMoss
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

James,

To extend upon what brad said I thought I would share how I've been running many BSP's side-by-side so it's easy to switch back and forth for various reasons.

Here's an example of where I install various versions of LTIB in my folder structure on my development machine - each version has an 'ltib' folder that's created during the installation process and a manually created 'pkgs' folder:

/opt/freescale/bsp/L2.6.35_10.08.01

/opt/freescale/bsp/L2.6.35_10.12.01

/opt/freescale/bsp/L2.6.35_11.04.01

/opt/freescale/bsp/L2.6.35_11.05.01

/opt/freescale/bsp/L2.6.35_11.09.01_MX50

/opt/freescale/bsp/L2.6.35_11.09.01_MX53

in the /opt/freescale folder I store a handfull of simple shell scripts to switch back and forth using symbolic links:

setlinks_imx28_evk_10.08.sh

setlinks_imx28_evk_10.12.sh

setlinks_imx53_qsb_11.05.sh

setlinks_imx53_qsb_11.09.sh

setlinks_imx50_evk_11.04.sh

setlinks_imx50_evk_11.09.sh

Sample shell script (setlinks_imx53_qsb_11.09.sh):

#!/bin/bash

rm -f pkgs

rm -f ltib

ln -s /opt/freescale/bsp/L2.6.35_11.09.01_MX53/ltib ltib

ln -s /opt/freescale/bsp/L2.6.35_11.09.01_MX53/pkgs pkgs

#end script

This allows me to consistently use the /opt/freescale/ltib and /opt/freescale/pkgs directories no matter which BSP I'm using to avoid my own confusion.  I can also have multiple copies of a BSP configured for different target boards and be able to leave the configuration in-tact to rebuild the same version of BSP for a new board to work (this is nice when you're pulling in outside patches from the open source community).

Using /opt/freescale and not a custom installation folder was at one point recommended because of issues with customer install directories but may not be required anymore.

Switching between versions is as easy as running one of the shell scripts you reconfigure the symlinks.

Jason

0 Kudos

bonzo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

James,

It's best to create a separate instance.  The SDKs for iMX53 may not be fully tested with the SDK you download for the iMX28.  Best to be safe.

0 Kudos

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

Ok,

I think I answered my own question. On the MX53QSB LTIB, I did a ./ltib -m selectype and took the mx28 option. I am in the middle of a build, so we shall see. The nice think is that if this works, I don't have to copy my .spec changes to the other build tree.

If anyone knows why I shouldn't do this, please let me know.

James

0 Kudos