cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monoprice HDMI splitter?

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Using an imx6 sabre lite board and monoprice splitter. Seems to work plugging one sink into the splitter then into the sabre lite, but when the second ( different ) sink is plugged into the splitter, we get no video on it ( the first continues to work though ). Swapped ports and the results are the same. The second sink has continual i2c traffic, whereas the first is initial traffic, then stops. When the second sink is plugged directly into the Sabre lite it works fine.

A Sewell splitter works fine with the second sink.

Is anyone using Monoprice splitter? If not, does anyone have an idea as to why the monoprice doesn't work for the second sink?

Thanks,

Randy Krakora

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

What kernel version are you running?

Are any kernel messages being generated that indicate EDID failures or mode switches?

It is kind of odd to hook up the EDID channel to a bus with multiple I2C slaves, though.

AFAIK, there's no support for that in the kernel driver. It simply reads from the device

at I2C address 0x50.

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Eric,

Thanks for the feedback. I assumed the SL queried the splitter and the splitters queried the downstream devices. We didn’t do any more analysis other than connecting via HDMI.

We’ll see about kernel messages tomorrow, but since it works with one brand and not the other, I’m assuming linux won’t know any different, but we’ll see.

-Randy

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Randall

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Randall

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel

free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos