Mipi DSI fail to init on some imx8m plus boards.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mipi DSI fail to init on some imx8m plus boards.

Jump to solution
dennis3
Contributor V

I am working on porting our software to Android 11 2.2.0.  We have a working mipi display while using 11 1.2.0 software.  On the new port, some hardware fails to boot and the kernel is stuck printing this:

... imx_sec_dsim_drv 32e60000.mipi_dsi: interrupt is not from dsim
... imx_sec_dsim_drv 32e60000.mipi_dsi: interrupt is not from dsim
<repeat forever>

Sometimes simply swapping to a new board fixes the problem.  Is this a problem with hardware?  Is there tuning parameters for mipi timing that can help?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dennis3
Contributor V

Further debugging.  I've found that if during u-boot, the display has any timeout errors, the linux kernel then fails with the error as posted.  If I disable screen init in uboot, Linux will then boot properly.  I think there is more than one issue.

1) There may be some hardware issue.  We don't have a good explanation why it works fine on some boards though.  The problem does not seem to follow display or daughter boards.  Only the imx8m plus board.
2) Linux sec-mipi-dsim driver or one of it's parent clock control drivers (media-blk-ctl perhaps) does not properly init everything.. or else uboot leaves it in such a state that it fails to init right.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dennis3
Contributor V

Further debugging.  I've found that if during u-boot, the display has any timeout errors, the linux kernel then fails with the error as posted.  If I disable screen init in uboot, Linux will then boot properly.  I think there is more than one issue.

1) There may be some hardware issue.  We don't have a good explanation why it works fine on some boards though.  The problem does not seem to follow display or daughter boards.  Only the imx8m plus board.
2) Linux sec-mipi-dsim driver or one of it's parent clock control drivers (media-blk-ctl perhaps) does not properly init everything.. or else uboot leaves it in such a state that it fails to init right.

0 Kudos