Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Guide from Dialog PMIC to MC34708 for i.MX53

Jump to solution
ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Hello,

Is there a migration guide for the changes involved in moving from the Dialog PMIC to the MC34708 for an i.MX53 applicaiton?

Basically looking for hardware checklist in the changes and possible BSP changes for either Linux or Microsoft CE.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
maxmustermann
Contributor I

What's the actual problem to solve ?

Do you have some really special configuration or just need to get some common board running ?

I've got an TQMA53-board fully running on linux-4.0.3.

Well, almost fully running - except the GPU, because FSL keep the necessary specs a secret,

so we simply can't use it. (and i'll yet have to find a proper way to completely switch it off, just

in case it might do something stupid).

Oh, and don't even think about using the proprietary kgsl stuff - it's DANGEROUS !

[imx53] WARNING! Do NOT use the proprietary GPU drivers / KGSL stuff - MAJOR RISK!

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott

I am afraid such document is not available, but one can compare

pmic drivers checking Linux Manual mx53_start_linux.pdf in

IMX53_1109_LINUXDOCS_BUNDLE Linux BSP Documentation for i.MX53

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos