Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mfgtool has stopped working

Jump to solution
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Everyone,

The mfgtool tool (library 2.0.8) on my Windows 7 64-bit development system has stopped working for me today. It will see the device I am working on (i.mx6 based reference design), issue the proper bootstrap commands, and then jump to the OS. After a few minutes, the display changes to No device connected. The serial console shows the following as the OS boots:

UTP: Waiting for device to appear

UTP: file/device node /dev/utp already exists

cpu_id is 0

It stops loading at this point. I have attached the mfgtool log if it helps anyone in diagnosing my problem. I did try running in administrator mode as suggested in MFGTool not working for i.MX6 DualLite CPU Card without success. I also tried removing registry entries related to mfgtool and the device in question without success. Does anyone have any other thoughts on what I could do? Thank you.

Michael

Original Attachment has been moved to: MfgTool.log.zip

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The mfgtool V2 should able to work on Win7 32/64bit. Please check if the problem is due to other issue. Please check the firmware because it stopped after "jump to the OS".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you build the firmware for your own design board and put it in the mfgtool?

0 Kudos
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Jimmy,

Yes and No (we are also working with a vendor that generates firmware for our board as well). I was able to update the image using a colleague's system, hence my belief that the tool is not playing well with my windows development system. 

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The mfgtool V2 should able to work on Win7 32/64bit. Please check if the problem is due to other issue. Please check the firmware because it stopped after "jump to the OS".

0 Kudos