Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool MX6Q Linux Update SabreSD-eMMC fails

Jump to solution
marcelgrosshans
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to flash linux from Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6Q_UPDATER/Profiles/MX6Q Linux Update/OS Firmware to the eMMC of my sabre sd quad board via MfgTool without success using the following configuration:

[profiles]

chip = MX6Q Linux Update

[platform]

board = SabreSD

[LIST]

name = SabreSD-eMMC

MfgTool.log ends up with:

ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: CmdOpreation[0]--set m_hDeviceArriveEvent.

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOpreation[0]--WaitforEvents device arrive1

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0] device chagned and reset to state 1

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Push[WndIndex:0], Body is $ ls /dev/*

ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: PortMgrDlg(0)--MSCDevice--Command Push(no file) excute failed

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], current command executed failed, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CCmdOpreation[0] thread is Closed

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CCmdOpreation[0] thread is Closed

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: DeviceManager::OnMsgDeviceEvent() - EVENT_KILL

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CMyExceptionHandler::OnMsgExceptionEvent() - KillExceptionHandlerThread

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: Exception Handler thread is closed

ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: delete MxHidDeviceClass

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: Device Manager thread is closed

The serial log shows the following:

Starting UTP
ln: /etc/mtab: File exists
disable turn off display
Starting the hotplug events dispatcher udevd
udevd (2000): /proc/2000/oom_adj is deprecated, please use /proc/2000/oom_score_adj instead.
Synthesizing initial hotplug evenmmc0: new high speed DDR MMC card at address 0001
ts
mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 SEM08G 7.39 GiB
mmcblk0boot0: mmc0:0001 SEM08G partition 1 2.00 MiB
mmcblk0boot1: mmc0:0001 SEM08G partition 2 2.00 MiB
mmcblk0: p1
mmcblk0boot1: unknown partition table
mmcblk0boot0: unknown partition table
g_file_storage gadget: high speed config #1
uuc 0.4 [built Aug 16 2013 01:24:08]
UTP: Waiting for device to appear
UTP: file/device node /dev/utp already exists
cpu_id is 0

For me it seems like the MfgTool fails running the following ls /dev/* command from ucl2.xml:

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>          <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls /dev/*"/>

My assumption is that there are no device nodes in /dev, otherwise I could not understand why the script fails at a simple ls.

Does anybody see what the error could be or had a similar problem?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marcelgrosshans
Contributor II

Hi Serch,

thanks for your help. Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6Q_UPDATER.tar.gz is the latest version I found.

But the tool was not the problem. I didn't know that the MfgTool has to be run as administrator. I'm sorry for this, but I didn't know that the MfgTool needs admin rights for sending commands via UTP. :smileyconfused:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marcel, I just tested flashing the eMMC with linux in the SabreQuad without problems.

Can you please download the MfgTool again (latest version)?, you don't need to do any changes into the XML file, just set the init file to SabreSD-eMMC.

Make sure you do not have an SD Card attached to the board before starting, and that you have all dip switches to "0".

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
vidyasagar
Contributor III

Hi,

I facing same issue to flash eMMC in i.MX6 SebreSD board, i changed cfg.ini file as below:

[profiles]

chip = MX6Q Linux Update

[platform]

board = SabreSD

[LIST]

name = SabreSD-eMMC

and set SW6 all zero(00000000) then start flash by using MFGTool (Latest version) after finishing, changed the SW6 11010110 as given in the i.MX6 Rebre SD Linux User Guide, u-boot does not come mean nothing comes on minicom.

Attaching eMMC flash log here, Please suggest me how to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Sagar

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi vidya,

You want to flash eMMC, the configuration of cfg.ini is correct. When you use the MFGTOOL to download please set the SW6= 00001100(low to high). Then boot up with SW6 11010110. You can have a try.

Hope this can help you~~

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
vidyasagar
Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reply.

I tried to flash eMMC with SW6= 00001100(Low to High) by use of MFGTOOL, flashed successfully then changed SW6 11010110 but boot log does not initiate.

I attached eMMC flashed log with SW6= 00001100, please help me to solve this issue.

Could i.MX6 SabreSD eMMC flash without MFGTOOL if available please suggest me ?

Thanks,

Vidya ! !

0 Kudos
marcelgrosshans
Contributor II

Hi Serch,

thanks for your help. Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6Q_UPDATER.tar.gz is the latest version I found.

But the tool was not the problem. I didn't know that the MfgTool has to be run as administrator. I'm sorry for this, but I didn't know that the MfgTool needs admin rights for sending commands via UTP. :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos