MfgTool Help - related to other posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool Help - related to other posts

jpe1313
Contributor II

I'm using the NXP MCIMX6Q-SDB. I've been trying to use the V2.0.0 Manufacturing Tool. With the provided files to burn the eMMC with the uboot, kernel, dtb and rootfs.

The booting of the kernel hangs at: imx-wm8962 sound: snd_soc_register card failed (-517)

And the Tool says "No Device Connected"

I have also tried my kernel, dtb WHICH BOOTS FINE FROM THE SDCARD. and I get on the MfgTool_MultiPanel (Library: 2.7.0) "No Device Connected"

Starting UTP

uuc 0.5 [built Sep 16 2016 02:36:28]

And the kernel messages hang at UTP: Waiting for device to appear

I've looked at https://community.nxp.com/thread/325561 and https://community.nxp.com/thread/326184 and I have the same problems but haven't figured out a solution. Any help will be appreciated.

QUESTION: HOW TO CONFIGURE THE board to be in USB HOST mode? I'm assuming that it is a kernel setting. I've obtained my kernel by using the instructions - Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide and I built it as "core-image-base." Can I run "make menuconfig" locally now and modify the kernel?  

Is there something else I can read to figure out how to modify a kernel?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Janet

please check presentation describing Mfg Tools usage

AMF-AUT-T2324 - Manufacturing Tool 

also please use and verify that MFG Tools version corresponds to Linux version on below  link

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

for emmc programming use mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-emmc.vbs script.

Also please pay attention to versions: that is for Manufacturing Toolkit for Linux 4.1.15_2.0.0 Release
should be used Linux 4.1.15_2.0.0 BSP & Multimedia Codecs Documentation
and Linux 4.1.15_2.0.0 i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6DualPlus, i.MX 6Dual,
i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo Linux Binary Demo Files

Board setup is described in Linux Guide included in Linux Doc package

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jpe1313
Contributor II

Thanks.  So I briefly looked at all this (got pulled to work on something else).  I am using 2.0.0 for all my images. And I am using the correct *.vbs file. 

ANOTHER QUESTION:   In the *.pdf page 5 it talks about building for mfg.tool.  I haven't done that step BUT since it is the 6QUAD SDB I should be able to use the images that come with the MFGTool to try the process out? Yes? No?

I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes one can use images that come with the MFGTool.

0 Kudos

jpe1313
Contributor II

I want to get the process down for using the MfgTool 2.0.0 to the EMMC chip on a Freescale Development Board

Using MfgTool 2.0.0  -  On Freescale development board  MCIMX6Q-SDB.  i.Mx6 QUAD

Downloaded ---  L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools.tar.gz  unzipped, etc. 

UICfg.ini was fine had "PortMgrDlg=1."

changed cfg.ini to reflex this development board (sorry I can't figure out how to attach files):

[profiles]

chip = Linux

[platform]

board = SabreSD

[LIST]

name = eMMC

[variable]

board = sabresd

mmc = 3

sxuboot=sabresd

sxdtb=sdb

7duboot=sabresd

7ddtb=sdb

6uluboot=14x14ddr3arm2

6uldtb=14x14-ddr3-arm2

6ulldtb=14x14-ddr3-arm2

ldo=

plus=

lite=l

initramfs=fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot

seek = 1

sxnor=qspi2

7dnor=qspi1

6ulnor=qspi1

nor_part=0

So looking at the ucl2.xml the <LIST name="eMMC" ...>" section I can see what files will be pulled:

UBOOT:        mfgtools-with-rootfs/mfgtools/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/firmware/u-boot-imx6q_sd.imx
ZIMAGE:       mfgtools-with-rootfs/mfgtools/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/firmware/zImage
INITRAMFS:    mfgtools-with-rootfs/mfgtools/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/firmware/fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot
DEVICE TREE:  mfgtools-with-rootfs/mfgtools/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/firmware/zImage-imx6q-sabresd.dtb

TO RUN THE MFGTOOL I start the vbs - "mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-emmc.vbs" (Actually I can start the *.exe and it knows to run this script).

I have the  screenshots of the MfgTool GUI and the console messages of the kernel boot (which never finishes booting).  But I don't know how to attach them.  If you need them, please advise how to do that.

The bottom line is the OS won't boot so the burning does not take place.

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY programmed the EMMC on the i.Mx6 QUAD SDB?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

there is no need to change cfg.ini, please use mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-emmc.vbs script

(click mouse on it and mfg tool start with necessary parameters for cfg.ini)  for emmc programming.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

jpe1313
Contributor II

I changed the cfg.ini file back to the original and ran the mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-emmc.vbs script and it still does not work and the symptoms are the same.

THanks in advance.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

jpe1313
Contributor II

Igor,

Those videos were rudimentary.  I am farther along than that.

So,  I am using the provided DEMO files for Linux yocto on the MXIMX6Q-SDB and it fails. 

Have you successfully flashed the EMMC?  Has anyone?  It could be that there was something overlooked configuring the *.dts   (which I don't have access to only the *.dtb from what I can see). 

https://community.nxp.com/message/876482?commentID=876482&et=watches.email.thread#comment-876482

just updated talks about custom hardware.  I'm using a Freescale provided board.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos