cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mfg Tool and OCOTP (On-Chip One Time Programmable) Register Issue

mattphillips
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have an iMX chip and I am trying to store a few bytes of permanent information on it so that repeated flashes of a unit will still retain this information (i.e. serial number, etc.).

I have successfully been able to fuse some of the OCOPT (On-Chip One Time Programmable) registers (aka eFuses), however I am running across an issue where the mfg tool will not work correctly when some of these OCOTP registers are modified.

In full, I was trying to use CFG4, 5, and 6 registers to store my information. I also tried using ANA2, and GP1 and 2 (these were on different iMX chips though, so trust that only CFG4-6 were changed on a working chip). I was a bit surprised in that some registers already had been fused (i.e. CFG0-3 and ANA1).

I am trying to understand why the mfg tool wouldn't work given that I modified these eFuses.

Thank you,

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matt

what processor and bsp used in the case. Some latest processors in early
bsps have prelimilnary codes. So recommended to use latest bsps (supported processors

can be found in release notes document) and mfg tool releases, corresponding to each bsp on below link
http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

For fuse programming set +CONFIG_FSL_OTP=y in ..arch/arm/configs/imx_v7_mfg_defconfig and rebuild mfg tool.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos