MfGTool2: how to change file directory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfGTool2: how to change file directory

mrlantz
Contributor I

Is it possible to change the directory where binary files are located and has a different driver location than the program location?

Using absolute addressing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to "Manufacturing Tool V2 Quick Start Guide", the path should be "Profiles\ <CHIP_PROFILE> \OS Firmware\". <CHIP_PROFILE> is defined in cfg.ini.

For the binaries to be flashed, you can modify ucl2.xml to point the path.

0 Kudos

mrlantz
Contributor I

I read the same thing and there are no info about the drive location. Any idea?

0 Kudos

lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What driver you mean? If you mean MFGTool firmware, it's also pointed into ucl2.xml. See the following:

<LIST name="ubuntu-SabreSD-eMMC" desc="Choose eMMC android as media"> 

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file="u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin">Loading U-boot</CMD>
0 Kudos

mrlantz
Contributor I

If you read the OP you probably know what I mean. Anyhow I could be more clear. I need to change the full path of the binary’s and I would give you an example.

If the tool are executed from the C:\ drive and the binary are located from a Z:\ drive I would like to do a change to a different drive location than the tool are executed from.

0 Kudos

lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry. I still don't catch your meaning. There are many binaries with different functions in MFGTool:

- MFGTool execute file - Tool binary

- ucl2.xml -> The path is located into "Profiles\ <CHIP_PROFILE> \OS Firmware\"

- MFG firmwares Under "OS firmwares"-> The path is defined in ucl2.xml.

- The images to be flashed -> The path is defined in ucl2.xml

But most of paths are relative path. You can check MfgTool.log to get path information.

0 Kudos

mrlantz
Contributor I

I’m sorry that you do not get it. Maybe this will help. Can you flash a file that are located on anther disk than the disk the tool are executing from? The ucl2.xml do not have any absolute addresses so you could not make the change here, I guess!? The ini-files do not set any absolute addresses.

0 Kudos

lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The answer will be "No".

0 Kudos