cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory protection for TCM on i.MX6SoloX

thomasbenson
Contributor I

Hello,

Based on my reading of the resource domain controller memory region map in the i.MX6SoloX reference manual, memory protection via the RDC cannot be applied to the tightly coupled memory regions (TCM-L and TCM-U). Is this true? I have a bare-metal application running on the M4 of an i.MX6SoloX and would like to prevent the A9 (running Linux) from being able to access the TCM-L and TCM-U memory regions. I have confirmed that currently I can add the TCM-L and TCM-U memory regions to the device tree in Linux and write to both regions from the A9. Is there any memory protection support available on the i.MX6SoloX to prevent this? Should I use the MPU integrated into the M4 rather than the RDC?

Regards,
Thomas

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas

I think your considerations right, as additional memory protection

one can consider Cortex M4 memory protection unit

ARM Information Center 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos