Maximum resolution of Dual separate mode LVDS in i.MX6 Quad for simultaneous operation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum resolution of Dual separate mode LVDS in i.MX6 Quad for simultaneous operation?

shamiksaha
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am new to i.MX6 design so, I was wondering what would be the maximum resolution that can be attained using i.MX6 LDB Separate Mode in each LVDS Channel simultaneously.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shamik

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shamik

sect.39.4.1 Input Parallel Display Ports

IMX6DQRM i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processor Reference Manual

this defines as:

For dual input data interface case: Up to 85 MHz per interface. (WXGA 1366x768 @

60 frames per second, 35% blanking).

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shamiksaha
Contributor II

Thank you igorpadykov for your reply. However the section mentions the input parallel display resolution only. I was actually more concerned about the output display resolution. According to the following link, each IPU can support upto 4XGA (2048x1536,@209-267MHz). Thus I was wondering whether I will be able to drive two 2048x1536 Graphics Stream simultaneously.If not, what is the Maximum resolution it can support.

Also I was not clear on the 35% blanking intervals.

LVDS on i.MX6

Thanks in advance,

Shamik

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shamik

LDB and IPU have different max. performance.

For LVDS (LDB) answer is given above.

For blanking intervals you can read below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_blanking_interval

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos