cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum length of SDIO signals

vaisago
Contributor I

Hi

We are designing a board which is compatible with both iMX6 and iMX8. I have used one SDIO interface for communicating with the WiFi module on the board. The Board itself is a big board, the iMX module and the WiFi modules are far apart. I have done the connection of SDIO signals, the length of SDIO is around 290mm(11417mils). Will this work?

Can anyone share any document regarding the max routing length of a SDIO signals?

Best Regards

Vaisag

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vaisag

sd/emmc routing rules are described in sect.3.6.8High speed signal routing recommendations

IMX6DQ6SDLHDG, Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applic...

There are no restrictions on length, however timings may be affected so necessary to

comply with requirements given in datasheet, for example sect.4.12.4 Ultra High Speed

SD/SDIO/MMC Host Interface (uSDHC) AC Timing

i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processors for Consumer Products - Data Sheet

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos