cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum ambient temperature support of 8M Mini SoC MIMX8MM4CVTKZAA

nija_mankodi
Contributor II

Hi Team,

We are using 8M Mini dual core processor MIMX8MM4CVTKZAA in our design.

In page 6 of its datasheet, it mentions that this SOC supports junction temperature upto +105DC. However, in page 16 of its datasheet, it shows data where 105DC is taken as ambient temperature.

Could you please confirm what is the maximum ambient temperature that this SoC supports?

I have attached SoC datasheet for your reference

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to the data sheet:

Consumer: 0 to +95oC

Industrial: -40 to 105oC

0 Kudos

nija_mankodi
Contributor II

Hi,

I have referred datasheet and that is why I have ambiguity.

As I mentioned below in my query, In page 6 of its datasheet, it mentions that this SOC supports junction temperature upto +105DC. However, in page 16 of its datasheet, it shows data where 105DC is taken as ambient temperature.

I want to understand whether this +105DC is maximum ambient temperature or junction temperature?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In page 6 of its datasheet, it mentions that this SOC supports junction temperature upto +105DC

> where did you find up to 105DC? do you mean Table 2. Orderable part numbers? I only find 0 to +95, because all of part number in the table is for consumer, if industrial, Tj is up to 105DC

0 Kudos

nija_mankodi
Contributor II

Hi,

Please refer datasheet pdf which I have attached.

nija_mankodi_0-1612681661427.pngnija_mankodi_1-1612681701496.png

Please refer page 6 and page 16 image as above. It is taken from the datasheet only.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

"The ambient temperature is the surrounding temperature. We do not specify the max ambient temperature since it depends on many things but specifically the power being consumed. The ESD discharge and latch up information is only to specify the temperature at which the ESD testing was done and not the max temp specification of the device.You can also have them refer to Section 6 Thermal Guidelines of the i.MX 8MN HW Users Guide - https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX8MNHDG.pdf"

0 Kudos

nija_mankodi
Contributor II

Hi Team,

Please provide update on this.

0 Kudos