cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing Tool (mfg tool) for i.mx6

Jump to solution
avadhutjunnarka
Contributor I

I'm using i.mx6 processor. I have few doubts related to mfg tool by freescale.

MFG Tool is used to download OS images into target. But is it possible to

load executable code in .bin or .hex format into target using MFG Tool ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
GraceH
Senior Contributor II

Hi Avadhut,

MFG tool can be used to download bin image to target board. You can download imx6_platform_sdk_v1.1.0.tgz from freescale.com.

It includes the document which has the detailed explanation about how to build binary and download binary file with mfg tool or load elf file with JTAG.

i.MX6D Product Summary Page

i.MX 6Series Platform SDK : Bare-metal SDK for the i.MX 6 series, including reusable drivers and tests for many peripherals, and much example code. Also includes register definition headers files, and register definitions for debuggers. BSD open source license.

Grace

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
avadhutjunnarka
Contributor I

Thank you raymond...

0 Kudos
avadhutjunnarka
Contributor I

Thank you Grace and Raymond for reply... One more doubt i had about mfg tool... Is it that only USB OTG interface is required on target board to use mfg tool and other interfaces won't work ?

0 Kudos
raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

According to all what I know currently, only usb otg port is supported.

0 Kudos
raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

I think you'd better to read MFG tool documents especially <Manufacturing Tool V2 UTP Introduction.docx>. That can help you to understanding

MFG working theory.

0 Kudos
GraceH
Senior Contributor II

Hi Avadhut,

MFG tool can be used to download bin image to target board. You can download imx6_platform_sdk_v1.1.0.tgz from freescale.com.

It includes the document which has the detailed explanation about how to build binary and download binary file with mfg tool or load elf file with JTAG.

i.MX6D Product Summary Page

i.MX 6Series Platform SDK : Bare-metal SDK for the i.MX 6 series, including reusable drivers and tests for many peripherals, and much example code. Also includes register definition headers files, and register definitions for debuggers. BSD open source license.

Grace

0 Kudos