cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXRT 1064-EVK - Unable to download firmware to 1DX M.2 module

Jump to solution
bshannon
Contributor III

I have the MXRT 1064-EVK, a IDX M.2 module, and SDK 2.8.2. I am running the evkmimxrt1064_wiced_bt_passthrough_4343W project and trying to download the Bluetooth firmware (as stated in the readme file). Whenever I attempt to download I get an error stating that "Download failed at Started. Override BDADDR specified but there are no config files". Are there any recommendations on what I should do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bshannon
Contributor III

I purchase a new uSD-M2 Adapter Kit and the Bluetooth example code works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

image.pngimage.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Murata has recently launched a newer revision of the uSD-M.2 adapter with additional capabilities. You can find more information regarding this and other support at the Murata Forum uSD-M.2 section: https://community.murata.com/s/topic/0TO5F0000002TNFWA2/usdm2-adapter.

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi bshannon,

Do you make it work now?

After several testing and checking, I make it works now.

The referred picture is not correct, you need also select the config files.

1. Com port is the onboard opensda com port, not the TTL-USB comport.

2. Hardware connection is very important

Murata 1DX M.2 module is connected with Murata uSD M.2 Adapter which is plugged into uSD connector on evkmimxrt1064 board.

Murata uSD M.2 Adapter's jumper J11 is open, J1 shorts position 2-3, J12 shorts position 1-2.

- evkmimxrt1064 board's connector J22, pins 1, 2 and 4 to Murata uSD M.2 Adapter's connector J9, pins 1, 2 and 4
- evkmimxrt1064 board's connector J23, pins 3-4 to Murata uSD M.2 Adapter's connector J8, pins 3-4

board connection.jpg

3. cybluetool need to select the config item

test OK.jpg

You need to select : BCM4343A1_001.002.009.0103.0000_Generic_UART_37_4MHz_wlbga_wiced.hcd in folder:

evkmimxrt1064_wiced_bt_passthrough_4343W\firmware\4343W

This is my tet result:

test OK.jpgtest result.jpgtest result2.jpg

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

I followed the steps that you have provided and I get another error(see the second figure). I doubled check my wiring configuration and everything looks correct.

bshannon_0-1601048316549.png

bshannon_1-1601048339655.png

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi bshannon,

This issues should be caused by the wrong wire connection.

Please give me the hardware connection photo, I need to check it on my side.

Because a lot of my colleagues from the different department already test it, all works now, I also can make it works.

Please also give me the PC device management screenshot, I need to make sure your COM port is the opensda port, not the TTL-USB  com port.

Wish it helps you!
If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know!
Best Regards,
Kerry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

I started looking at the Murata uSD-M.2. Adapter and I noticed that on my board there are poor/no solder connections. Do you know if these are supposed to be connected by design?

image.pngimage.png

bshannon_0-1601308143137.pngbshannon_1-1601308167061.png

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi bshannon,

Your post picture is not clear, I even can't see the details.

Can you attach the photo? which I can see the detailed configuration and the wire connection.

In fact, still these points need to be double-checked:

Murata 1DX M.2 module is connected with Murata uSD M.2 Adapter which is plugged into uSD connector on evkmimxrt1064 board.

Murata uSD M.2 Adapter's jumper J11 is open, J1 shorts position 2-3, J12 shorts position 1-2.

- evkmimxrt1064 board's connector J22, pins 1, 2 and 4 to Murata uSD M.2 Adapter's connector J9, pins 1, 2 and 4
- evkmimxrt1064 board's connector J23, pins 3-4 to Murata uSD M.2 Adapter's connector J8, pins 3-4

Can you use some short wire, your wire seems too long to connect the M.2 module to the EVK board.

About you mentioned poor solder, you can use the multimeter to test the related pin connection to the 1DX board, whether it is really connected. If the solder is poor, you even can solder it again.

As you know, the 1DX and the M.2 module is not the NXP product.

From your test result, should still the hardware connection issues.

Wish it helps you!
If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know!
Best Regards,
Kerry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

I purchase a new uSD-M2 Adapter Kit and the Bluetooth example code works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

image.pngimage.png

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi bshannon,

You are welcome!

And thanks let me know it is caused by your 1DX M.2 modules hardware.

Any new questions in the future, welcome to create the new case, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

I apologize for the poor picture quality. Please see the attached photos and determine if they are better for you to examine my wire configuration.

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

Here are screenshots of my wire configuration and device manager. Let me know if you need anything else.

bshannon_0-1601299656247.png

bshannon_6-1601300700253.png

bshannon_2-1601299674736.png

bshannon_3-1601299683116.png

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi bshannon,

You are right, today, I test it, meet the same issues as you.

I will contact with our SDK team check more details.

If I get any updated information, I will let you know ASAP.

Please keep patient, thanks a lot for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos