cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX6X Gigibit Ethernet communication issue

Jump to solution
Oceanblue
Contributor III

All, I'm working with MX6Q gigabit ethernet design issue, refer to FSL Sabra board, we have designed customer board with AR8031 for gigabit ethernet, but we found ethernet can work at 10/100M stably, but the board cann't work at gigabit ethernet, which can recognize G-bit rounter, but can't build up the communication, can anyone help it? thx

Jack

Labels (2)
1 Solution
david_babin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ethernet cannot function at 1 Gbps. Please refer to the errata doc IMX6DQCE which states that there is a limitation of ENET throughput to around 400 Mbps in an optimized environment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
david_babin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ethernet cannot function at 1 Gbps. Please refer to the errata doc IMX6DQCE which states that there is a limitation of ENET throughput to around 400 Mbps in an optimized environment.

0 Kudos
Oceanblue
Contributor III

David, thx for reply. What we meet is MX6Q Gigabit Ethernet can't work normally via G-rounter, but 10/100M ethernet function can work .  I'm not sure whethere someone has the similar experience, thanks.

Jack

0 Kudos
mrleo
Contributor IV

Hi Alexander,

I have meet t the similar experience,MX6Q Gigabit Ethernet can't work normally via G-rounter, but 10/100M ethernet function can work,I also do not known what should I do?

What should you do that later? Are you solve this ploblem?

0 Kudos
Oceanblue
Contributor III

Hi Mrleo,

We have been waiting for a long time, but Freescale hasn't  provided solultion. Finally, we have to re-layout our board, and move Ethernet Phy close to MX6Q to solve it.  I have inquired Atheros AE team, they said this might be caused by MX6Q, I'm not sure whether Freescale have investiaged this issue by now.

Thx

Jack

0 Kudos
mrleo
Contributor IV

Hi,Alexander

You have move freescale Ethernet Phy,what ethernet phy you use can solve this problem?

Thanks,

Leo

0 Kudos
Oceanblue
Contributor III

P.S, Qualcomm suggest us modify RX_CLK delay and GTX_CLK Delay of AR8031 to enhance system compatibility, but we don't know where to change it, does anyone know it? thanks

Jack

0 Kudos
Oceanblue
Contributor III

On Freescale website, I haven't found the document about Gigabit ethernet design for MX6Q, does anyone has it? thx.

Jack