.MX6Q - GStreamer: Last frame is shown after restarting the video (mfw_isink)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.MX6Q - GStreamer: Last frame is shown after restarting the video (mfw_isink)

erickorozco
Contributor I

Hi, 

When I quit a video, meaning that I set the pipeline to null and unref all the elements, then I create a new pipeline and set it to play. The last frame of the video that was set to NULL is displayed. I see this behavior using the mfw_isink version 3.0.8. If I use mfw_v4lsink this problem does not occur. How can I avoid displaying this unwanted frame. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

erickorozco
Contributor I

Hi Joan Xie, 

I need to use the mfw_isink because I'm prerolling a second pipeline before the first one finishes. I found two ways to solve the problem, the first one is to clear the frame buffer after nulling and unreferencing the pipelines. In order to do that I executed the following command: 

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/fb0

Check the following thread: closing pipeline with imxipuvideosink doesnt clear the output framebuffer · Issue #160 · Freescale/g... 

The second way is to create another pipeline and play a black frame. This can be achieved by using the videotestsrc element. I took the following steps before deleting the video:

->Stop the video

->Create a new pipeline with a videotestsrc element, the pipeline should look like this (videotestsrc->queue->mfw_isink).

->Set the properties of videotestsrc to play a black frame. 

->Play the pipeline. 

->Delete both pipelines. 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

mfw_isink is used for multi-display, if you use single display, suggest you to use mfw_v4lsink

0 Kudos