cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100NPEP main input supply voltage Vin

Jump to solution
markpascarelli
Contributor I

Can the MMPF0100NPEP main input supply voltage (Vin) be less than the switching regulators SW1AIN, SW1BIN, etc?

I would like to use the KITPFPGMEVME Programmer while my board is powered by the programmer (3.3V) or by my board's 4.2V DC/DC converter.

By placing two or-ing diodes from programmer 3.3V and external 4.2V the PMIC can be programmed with system power off or on.

Thank You,

Mark Pascarelli

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The system VIN  is used to supply PMIC core, and there are no restrictions regarding

other voltages.

Regards,

Yuri.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please take into account some minimal voltage drop between input and output voltages

for buck switching regulator.

"What is the minimum VIN voltage to maintain a stable 3.15V on SW2 of the PF0100 PMIC?"

https://community.freescale.com/message/387096#387096

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
markpascarelli
Contributor I

I am meeting the voltage drops for the input to output requirements.

VIN1 = 3.3V for 1.5V and 1.5V out

VIN2 = 3.3V for 1.8V and 2.5V out

VIN3 = 4.2V for 2.8V and 3.3V out

SW1AIN, SW1BIN, SW1CIN, SW2IN, SW3AIN, SW3BIN, SW4IN, SWBSTIN = 4.2V for 1.375V, 1.375V, 3.3V, 1.35V, 1.2V and 5V outputs respectively.

System VIN (pin 50) = 3.9V

My question is;

Can System VIN be < all other VIN's

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The system VIN  is used to supply PMIC core, and there are no restrictions regarding

other voltages.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos