表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

MMPF0100NPEP cannot communicate I2C

1,464件の閲覧回数
tuongnguyen
Contributor I

Hi Community,

I need your help!

Recently I built a test board based on the KTPF0100SKUG, I try to program the MMPF0100NPEP by a generic I2C interface, in my custom board I use a LPC1769xpresso. But I am stucked in communication I2C with the chip! I tried the device addresses from 0x08 to 0x0F but still no ACK from the chip!? I have attached the schematic of the custom board and the picture captured from my oscilloscope, please help me!

In addition to, I wonder if the operation of the I2C interface of MMPF0100 depends on the voltage level of VDDOTP pin?

Thanks for your time,

TuongNguyen

0 件の賞賛
6 返答(返信)

1,117件の閲覧回数
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ToungNguyen,

- Yes, I2C interface should work in all VDDOTP modes.

- Yes, you can communicate with a standard speed. Maximum is 400 kbits/s. It should work as long as you don't exceed this.

- Please verify that the I2C master supply voltage is the same as in PF0100. In your case, 3V3.

- Pull-ups on the PF0100 side are correctly connected to the same voltage as VDDIO (which is the voltage that supplies the I2C communication block). Please make sure there are no more pull-ups on the master side of the interface, the ones on the PF0100 side should be enough.

- Verify the address in your I2C command is correct according to the one programmed in the PF0100. See table 10 and section 6.1.2.3 of the PF0100 datasheet for more info.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 件の賞賛

1,117件の閲覧回数
tuongnguyen
Contributor I

Dear Jorge,

Thank you very much for your reply!

My connection between NXP LPC1769 and MMPF0100 is as below:

- Only one power supply source 3V3.

- Only one pulled up resistor pair at MMPF0100's I2C side.

- LPC1769 I2C is configured as master and running 300khz.

- MMPF0100 VDDOTP pin is connected to VCOREDIG by 100K resistor.

- The MMPF0100 VIN and VDDIO are connected to 3V3.

I have tried to read register 0x00 (DeviceID) from device address 0x08 to 0x0F, but always receive NAK on sending device addresses!

Please give me more advices! Is there anything else I should care? How about the layout, as I followed the KTPF0100SKTUG.pdf and my test board is a 1 layer board, does the pulled up I2C resistor pair need to be closed to MMPF0100?

Thanks for your time,

TuongNguyen

0 件の賞賛

1,117件の閲覧回数
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

Hi, All. I have same problem. PMIC - MMPF0100NPEP work good, but not send ACK. In osciloscope i see, that timing is a goot, device addres set correctly. I checked the soldering components.

that can lead to non-operation i2c?

0 件の賞賛

1,117件の閲覧回数
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear ToungNguyen,

The possible cause of the problem is that the STANDBY input of MMPF0100 is left floating (as per the schematic you've provided). Please try to pull it down with e.g. 100kOhm resistor.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛

1,117件の閲覧回数
tuongnguyen
Contributor I

Hello Community!

Could anybody help me please!!!

0 件の賞賛

1,117件の閲覧回数
tuongnguyen
Contributor I

Hi experts!

The MMPF0100 VDDOTP pin has 3 modes: default, fused, programming. I wonder in which mode can we communicate I2C with the chip? Or we can communicate I2C with the chip in all modes?

Another question, what is the clock speed of I2C interface? Can I communicate I2C with a standard speed?

Please help me! Two weeks passed with no progress....

With best regards,

TuongNguyen

0 件の賞賛