MMPF0100 able to support MCIMX6Q5EYM12AD?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100 able to support MCIMX6Q5EYM12AD?

max123
Contributor I

Hi!

my questions ae as follows:

I want to use the MMPF0100 (F6 OTP-variant for DDR4L) to supply the MCIMX6Q5EYM12AD.

The datasheet claims a maximum current consumption of 3730mA for 996MHz on VDDARM_IN.  There is no max current for 1.2GHz in the datasheet.

What is the max. current consumption for 1,2GHz?

The MMPF0100 datasheet claims "Current rating of SW1AB supports the power virus mode of operation of the i.MX 6X processor", but dosnt go into detail which device or frequency.

Is this also true for a CPU frequency 1.2GHz using the i.MX6 quad?

I know, the avarage curent consumption for a normal application is much lower, but i want to avoid any problems with my power supply.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maximilian

one can estimate consumption with other frequencies as usually

current increases proportionally frequency. Also one can use MMPF0100F9AZES

part designed for i.MX6QP.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MMPF0100Z.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

max123
Contributor I

Hi,

thanks for the answer!

Since the current in "virus mode of operation" is 3,7A, i get a current of 4,4A for VDD_ARM. The minimum current limit of the MMPF0100 SW1A/B is 4.5A, so the regulator can provide around 4.2A of min peak current.

For me as hardware guy its very hard to geuss, if this is a problem or not. Its very hard for me to estimate, how much margin is needed (if any). It sounds like the core-voltage could drop under some circumstances in some cases.

Are there some experiences with the i.MX6 quad using the MMPF in variant F0 or F6 on 1.2 GHz?

0 Kudos