MMPF0100 PMIC compatibility for iMX6Q with LPDDR2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100 PMIC compatibility for iMX6Q with LPDDR2

Karthik37
Contributor I

I need to interface LPDDR2 to iMX6 Quad Core processor. For this, I am not getting pre-programmed PMICM MPF0100. Do I need to get PMIC programmer KTPFPGMEVMEUG to program the PMIC OTP registers?

pastedImage_0.png

Is there any alternative solution to this.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Rakhesh
Contributor II

Hi Karthik,

You can use F1 fuse option for your application with LPDDR2. and follow the reference design of MCIMX6SLEVK.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/product/hardware_tools/MCIMX6SLEVK.pdf

Depending on your application  you may require LDO for other peripherals like LCD,which require 2.8V for IO supply.

If your project volume is low, you can go for customized OTP programming using KITPFPGMEVME.

Regards,

Rakhesh

AnandBalakrishn
Contributor V

Hi Karthik,

If none of the pre-programmed parts work for you, then you can order the PF-Programmer board and the socketed board and program parts for the voltages you require.

Here are the relevant links:

KITPF0100EPEVBE Product Summary Page

KITPF0100SKTEVBE Product Summary Page

The F2 sequence has SW3 output at 1.2V if that will work for you.

Regards,

Anand

Karthik37
Contributor I

Hi Yongcai Huang,

Thanks for your reply. As you said, I hope 1.5 to 1.2 V LDO might be an appealing solution.

But Freescale should deliver PMIC customized for LPDDR2 as well in future.

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Karthik

Please ask FAEs/PMIC experts first, maybe there is already solution of customized PMIC OCOTP. The additional LDO is only a back up plan, as it will bring power/cost penalty.

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Karthik

From the fuse description of MMPF0100, the F1 and F0's differences are not just the DDR power rails' voltage difference, it also has many other differences. So, I think programming the OTP of PMIC to F1 is not proper, one solution came to my mind is, maybe you can contact PMIC's expert to see whether there is any way to just change the DDR power rails' voltage based on the F0's OCOTP setting. If not, then maybe you can consider adding hardware circuit to scale the DDR voltage from 1.5V to 1.2V based on F0's OCOTP setting, but it will bring in some power waste. So, I think you should contact the FAEs/PMIC's expert about the possibility of customizing OCOTP setting.

0 Kudos