キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

MMPF0100 Eval Board not being detected by the PC with either GUI Rev 3 or 4

2,545件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

Recently purchased the KIT PF0100EPEVBE and can't seem to get a PC to detect the board. I found a PF series programmer user guide that calls out some drivers I think I might need from NI but I can't find them on NI's website. I also noticed that the 1.5k pull-up resistors on the USB + and - lines are DNPs. Thought about just populating one so it could negotiate speed and work from there but I don't want to damage the board if that's not the obstacle. I figured this would be a plug-n-play exercise but it now seems more involved. Any help or advice would be appreciated...

Also, the Eval Board Manual has schematics and board drawings for a different rev board it seems. It looks like some of the 0 Ohm resistor jumpers have been replaced with header jumpers and some connectors (J30 for example) don't even exist on the eval board we have here. Are there some updated drawings somewhere that I couldn't find?

ラベル(1)
タグ(1)
14 返答(返信)

2,262件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

Able to connect to the eval board after moving the jumper to pins 2 & 3. Still unable to connect through I2C interface... no J30 to power VDDIO off of 3V3 supply... Can you post a schematic for the Rev D board?

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please find attached the schematics for the Rev. D of the KITPF0100EPEVBE board

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2,262件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

I'm having success with connecting via USB to the eval board but still struggling with getting the GUI to see the PF Programmer. According to the programmer user guide block diagram (below), the programmer is supposed to provide the target with 3.3V for the VDDIO control supply but I am not seeing this 3.3V come up. I set the jumper on J39 between pins 1 and 2 in order to power the MCU from the PVIN because I want to connect with I2C.

I guess my question is, does the programmer supply the 3.3V for the I2C or does the MCU enable the 3.3V LDO when connecting with I2C? Do I need to toggle a reset or PWRON for the 3.3V LDO to be enabled? I get the feeling I need a new programmer...

pastedImage_0.png

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi michael,

If you are using the KITPF0100EPEVBE (MMPF0100 Evaluation Board), you do not need the PF_Programmer. This EVK already has the programmer circuit built in to it, so you should not connect the programmer, it could damage the board.

The programmer board is intended to be used with the KITPF0100SKTEVBE or with a custom board. 

Have a great day,

Jose Reyes

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

2,262件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

So J36 is used to program other targets through the Eval Board but I can also use the PF Programmer to program custom target boards? Both require the GUI, however, so my next questions are why doesn't the GUI recognize the PF Programmer? Or does the PF Programmer need to be attached to a valid target to be discoverable by the GUI? What does the PF Programmer need to see on the 8-pin header side to start putting out its 3.3V?

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

So J36 is used to program other targets through the Eval Board but I can also use the PF Programmer to program custom target boards?

[A] Correct.

Both require the GUI, however, so my next questions are why doesn't the GUI recognize the PF Programmer? Or does the PF Programmer need to be attached to a valid target to be discoverable by the GUI?

[A] GUI should recognize the PF-Programmer but it will not work until a circuit like the KITPF0100SKTEVBE or similar with a MMPF0x00 is connected to the programmer (just to be sure, I’m assuming that you are connecting the programmer without connecting the Evaluation board).

If the programmer is not been recognized, it could be related to a different problem.

We found some issues on the first revision of this board, so just to be sure, can you confirm that you are using the REV B of the KITPFPGMEVME (it should have a “REV B” white label on the back of the plastic case as in the picture below)?

Can you please let me know the “LOT” and “DTE” codes that appears on the back of your KITPFPGMEVME box, please?

REV_B_label.png

What does the PF Programmer need to see on the 8-pin header side to start putting out its 3.3V?

[A] A circuit like the KITPF0100SKTEVBE or similar with a MMPF0x00 should be connected to the programmer in order to start working properly with the GUI.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

Using Rev B Programmer;

Lot: BODS1505FY

DTE: 1505

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi michael bazarov,

R48 and R49 (USB Pull-ups) are DNP by default, I don’t think that this could cause the PC connection you have.

Can I ask which revision of the Evaluation Board are you using?

This is important to know because depending on which version of HW you are using, would depend the compatible GUI you should have to use. But according to the information you sent, I believe that you are using Rev. C or Rev. D of the evaluation board right?

If this is correct, then you should use SW GUI Rev. 4. KITPFGUI 4.0 is have a “driverless” environment that allows to automatically detect and recognize the board connected through the USB port, so, NI-VISA drivers are no longer required for this new version of the GUI, it works off the HID driver (windows installed by default these HID drivers).

Can you please re-install the KITPFGUI4.0 SW from here

Let me know if you still have this problem after the re-installation.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

Using Rev. D. Also using GUI 4.0 rev 4.1. Doesn't let me install because application is installed from another location.

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you please uninstall all the GUIs related to the MMPF0100 and then try to install the KITPFGUI 4.0 (Rev 4.1) again, please?

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

Reinstalling actually made the the eval board visible to the KITPFGUI 4.1 (says "device found") when connecting with USB. It will not allow me to scan for devices or enable target, however and the PF Programmer doesn't show up in the list. I believe I have the correct device drivers for the programmer now as it shows up "PF-Programmer" under the NI-VISA USB devices in the device manager window.

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

Uninstalled and reinstalled. No difference whether I connect directly with USB or connect with I2C through the PF Programmer.

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok, then we should start checking the HW configuration.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m assuming that you have jumper J39 closed on pins 2-3, correct?

This configuration supply the MAIN IC (MC9S08JM60), but this doesn’t supply the PMIC. You would need to connect an external 3.6V to PVIN (pin 2 – jumper 25), are you connecting this external voltage supply?

0 件の賞賛

2,262件の閲覧回数
michaelbazarov
Contributor II

I have the Jumper on pins 1 and 2 for J39 and 3.6V coming into J25 Vin.

0 件の賞賛