Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI camera fails to use 4 lane on iMX6

Jump to solution
raymondman
Contributor II

Hi,

I can use 1 and 2 lanes to receive the RAW data from a camera module OV8865 on iMX6. The image is fine. When I use 4 lanes to transfer data, the image is distorted (see attached).

The modification are as follows,

1) set the OV8865 module to output data through 4 lanes

2) mipi_csi2_set_lanes(mipi_csi2_info, 4);

Could anyone tell what's wrong or missing to modify?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raymond

please try to change clocks as described on

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94312

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hareeshdas
Contributor II

Hi raymondman,

We are trying to capture camera images by ov8865 in a custom iMX6Q board, but end up with "ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0". We are tried to capture through 2 lanes. Can you please help us on this ?  What application you use to capture images ?

Thanks,

Hareesh

0 Kudos
raymondman
Contributor II

Hi Hareesh,

Which platform are you using for development? If the kernel is 3.0.35, you may apply the patch from

i.MX6 OV5647 Bayer sensor driver (ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0)

Some other useful threads from

Can imx6 support for RGB RAW camera?

You need to modify the corresponding register of ov8865 to change to 2 lanes and use mipi_csi2_set_lanes() for the board. Check if the clock is correct, from Igor's reply.

I use Freescale test suite, mxc_v4l2_capture, to capture images.

Hope the above information is useful to you.

hareeshdas
Contributor II

Hi raymond man,

Thanks for the quick response. We are using 3.14.28 kernel from freescale repo.

We modified the ov8865 register settings and verified the clock and data from sensor. Does 3.14 kernel can able to capture the 10 bit RAW RGB data from sensor ?  Our understanding is iMX6 can able to capture RAW RGB or any format to memory, but it has to use CSI-->MEM path only. Is this right understanding ?

Regards,

Hareesh

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raymond

please try to change clocks as described on

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94312

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos