Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI Gasket, IPU, CSI and Device tree

Jump to solution
davider
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to write a DTS (Linux 3.10.17) for our custom designed board. I need to use all the 4 i.MX6D/Q CSI interfaces to acquire 4 MIPI streams on 4 virtual channels simultaneously.

Is it possible using existent drivers and bindings, or does it require to extend their functionalities (or to write a new driver)?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Davide

yes this will require new drivers, also it may be useful

to check below discussion. Existent drivers and bindings

support only i.MX6 Sabre reference board configuration (one MIPI and one CSI parallel camera)

4 video capture using MIPI-CSI2 port

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Davide

yes this will require new drivers, also it may be useful

to check below discussion. Existent drivers and bindings

support only i.MX6 Sabre reference board configuration (one MIPI and one CSI parallel camera)

4 video capture using MIPI-CSI2 port

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davider
Contributor II

Ok, thank you.

You have confimed my fears... Even if it does not seems that difficult to extend the whole stuff, it will nonetheless be quite time consuming.

0 Kudos