Did you mean: 

MIPI-CSI2 reset and initialization procedure for i.MX8QXP

Jump to solution
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

From IMX8DQXPRM.pdf (Rev.0)

pastedImage_1.png

I am trying MIPI-CSI2's driver porting to other OS. Please let me confirm detail of above procedure.

<Development Environment>

SoC : i.MX8QXP

Board : MCIMX8QXP-CPU

Based BSP : Linux BSP L4.14.98_2.3.0_ga

<Questions>

Q1. "2. Wait until clocks to the Rx Controller are stable and ensure DPHY interface is idle".

above comments are implemented by following code. Is it right? I could not clearly understand meaning of the bit#31. because it is defined as reserved in RM.

Copy from linux/drivers/media/platform/imx8/mxc-mipi-csi2.h

pastedImage_2.png

Copy from linux/drivers/media/platform/imx8/mxc-mipi-csi2.c

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Q2. "1. Assert all resets." It is implemented by following code. Is it right?

Copy from linux/drivers/media/platform/imx8/mxc-mipi-csi2.h

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_4.png

Q3. "5. De-assert all remaining resets." It is implemented by follwoing code. Is it right?

pastedImage_6.png

Q4. Control is different between "Assert reset" and "De-assert reset", but the current settings are same.

Looks like both code set to 1b to CONTROLLER_CLOCK_RESET_CONTROL register. Is it okay?

Q5. From description no.3 and no.4 in RM, we should de-assert reset to CSR before program CSR registers.

I could not find suitable code which de-assert reset to CSR in Linux BSP.

How do I de-assert reset to CSR? 

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_8.png

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q1)yes, since this bit is reserved, it means that the customer don't need to care about this bit, just leave this bit as default

Q2)yes

Q3) it seems this code is for de-assert reset to CSR before program CSR registers

Q4)yes, in the bsp set them as the same value

Q5)see the Q3), in fact you can refer to the sequence from the bsp like:

if (enable) {  pm_runtime_get_sync(dev);  if (!csi2dev->running) {   mxc_csi2_get_sensor_fmt(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_hc_config(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_reset(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_csr_config(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_enable(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_reg_dump(csi2dev);  }

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q1)yes, since this bit is reserved, it means that the customer don't need to care about this bit, just leave this bit as default

Q2)yes

Q3) it seems this code is for de-assert reset to CSR before program CSR registers

Q4)yes, in the bsp set them as the same value

Q5)see the Q3), in fact you can refer to the sequence from the bsp like:

if (enable) {  pm_runtime_get_sync(dev);  if (!csi2dev->running) {   mxc_csi2_get_sensor_fmt(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_hc_config(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_reset(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_csr_config(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_enable(csi2dev);   mxc_mipi_csi2_reg_dump(csi2dev);  }
0 Kudos
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

Dear Joan,

I appreciate your support. Please let me confirm a few points again.

Q1 ) You told me that we don't need to care about this bit.

But, Linux BSP is checking this bit to know the timing of pl condition.

Should we care this bit same as linux BSP?

pastedImage_1.png

Q3&Q5 ) You told me that my pointed code is for de-assert reset to CSR before program CSR registers.

pastedImage_6.png

But, the above code is writing in mxc_mipi_csi2_enable function.

it means that the above code is for de-assert reset to CSR after program CSR registers.

Therefore, I guessed the above code is for de-assert all remaining resets from RM description.  

pastedImage_3.png

In any case, Could you please teach me the correct register settings for the following two cases.

case 1. De-assert reset to CSR.

case 2. De-assert reset to all remaining resets.

Should we set 1b to CSI2_SS_CTRL_CLK_RESET register in both cases?

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q1)YES, I mean you can set as linux bsp, enable this bit, because this bit is reserved, so I don't find any document mentions this, just refer to the linux bsp

Q3&Q5 ) to be honest, I'm not sure if the reset sequence in the linux bsp is the same as Reference Manual, but I confirmed that customer can refer to the linux bsp sequence, the steps are csi2_reset->CSR configuration-> CSI2 enable, for de-assert reset, according to the linux bsp, should set to CSI2SS_CTRL_CLK_RESET to 1

0 Kudos
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

Dear Joan,

Thank you so much. I got it.

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

0 Kudos