MIPI-CSI2 DPHY status changes from 0x610 to 0x010/0x000 after turnning on camera?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI-CSI2 DPHY status changes from 0x610 to 0x010/0x000 after turnning on camera?

dehuanxin
Contributor III

I have a custom MIPI-CSI2 device implemented with FPGA and this passive TX PHY design( https://www.altera.com/en_US/pdfs/literature/an/an754.pdf )

This is a single lane device, transmitting 32bit user-defined datatype (type 0x30, virtual channel 0).

The MIPI-CSI clock is 160MHz and 320Mbps.

I set DPHY clock to //  150-160MHz  :0x04   //159Mhz.

In my kernel driver, after mipi_csi2_reset(); the DPHY status is 0x610, but after turning on the FPGA, the DPHY status starts switching between 0x000 and 0x010.

According to 40.6.6 of the IMX6DQRM, 0x610 means:

1) "Clock Lane in Stop state

2) "Clock Lane module has NOT entered the Ultra Low Power state" (Not very sure about this one)

3) "Data Lane 0 in Stop state"

I've done some research, and I believe if the DPHY is operating normally, the status should be 0x310/0x300, is this correct?

I see on the scope that the CSI_CLK_HS_P and CSI_CLK_HS_N are both abour 100mV p-p, is this too low?

What have I missed that can cause DPHY not detecting MIPI-CSI DDR clock?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dehuan

MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE bits 8 and 9 must be 1 (0x300) and bits 4~7 will

toggle according to the moment you read the register and the state of the transmission,

as stated on document Debug steps for customer MIPI sensor

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94312

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dehuanxin
Contributor III

I understand that bit 8 (phy_rxclkactivehs) is low when MIPI DDR clock is not received, so this indicates a problem of the transmit lines or the camera side PHY.

But I don't know what could cause bit 9 (phy_rxulpsclknot) to go 0 (from 0x610 to 0x010)?

Can you explain what bit 9 (phy_rxulpsclknot) indicates when it's 0?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

phy_rxulpsclknot - signal indicates that the Clock Lane module has entered the Ultra Low Power state,

please refer to MIPI-CSI2 specification for its description.

0 Kudos