cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MINISASTOCSI Linux L4.9.88_2.0.0

Jump to solution
shawnnageli
Contributor II

I have been working to get the CSI camera adapter working with L4.9.88_2.0.0 (stock image).  When going into u-boot it could not find fsl-imx8mq-evk-mipi-csi2.dtb.  It is not installed in the stock image.

I found in the Linux Binary Demo Images - i.MX 8MQuad EVK folder several .dtb files one if which included Image-fsl-imx8mq-evk-mipi-csi2.dtb.  I copied this to the same directly I found he default dtb file ( /run/media/mmcblk0p1 ).  Once this was installed I was able to set in u-boot to this dtb and ran fine into Linux.

However, when running the gstreamer command provided in the documentation it is unable to open the pipeline.  I get the following error:

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "v412src"

Any feedback would be appreciated.  It is plugged into J1502 as instructed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You do not need to change the device tree to use the CSI camera, the BSP supports the camera as it is. You only need to run the below gstreamer pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' ! kmssink

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You do not need to change the device tree to use the CSI camera, the BSP supports the camera as it is. You only need to run the below gstreamer pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' ! kmssink

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos
shawnnageli
Contributor II

Initially I was following the quick start guide for the MINISASTOCSI.  In this guide they indicated to run the alternate .dtb listed in the document. https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12187.pdf 

The real issue appears to be the gstreamer pipeline command.  The one listed in the document is what returns the warning output I provided.  When I run the one suggested this works.  May be good to update that document.

Here is my terminal output showing the kernel version I am using along with responses to both gstreamer commands for reference.

root@imx8mqevk:~# uname -r
4.9.88-imx_4.9.88_2.0.0_ga+g5e23f9d
root@imx8mqevk:~# gst-launch-1.0 v412src ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! kmssink
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "v412src"
root@imx8mqevk:~# gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' ! kmssink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

Thanks,

Shawn

0 Kudos
haidong_zheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't quite understand your question, but if you want use fsl-imx8mq-evk-mipi-csi2.dtb please use J1503.

0 Kudos