cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1170 EVK cannot program to flash using IDE Linkserver probes

Derin
Contributor I

Hi,

I was tring to flash the mimxrt1170 development board using IDE Linkserver probes and got this error. How can I solve this issue.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

  

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

Please follow the next steps:

1. Open MCUXpresso IDE.
2. Import any example of the SDK. In this guide, I imported the iled_blinky example.
3. Go to your RT1170EVK and locate SW1.
4. Once you located SW1, you need to change the switches to enter Serial Downloader mode. To do this, turn ON SW1-4 and turn OFF all the other switches in SW1.
5. At this point, you need to do a power-cycle to your board (disconnect and connect the power), so the changes in SW1 take effect.
6. Go back to MCUXpresso, since you just imported the project, I assume that it doesn’t have any debug configurations if you are using another project that does have debug configurations please delete them.
7. Launch the debug session of the project while in serial downloader.
8. When the debug session is launched, you won’t see that the program stops at the main as it normally does. This is because you are in serial downloader mode.
9. Stop this debug session.
10. Delete the debug configuration of the project.
11. Go to your board and change the SW1 back to the way it was. SW1-1 OFF, SW1-2 OFF, SW1-3 ON and SW1-4 OFF.
12. Do a power cycle to your evaluation board.
13. That’s it! At this point, you should be able to enter the debug sessions without any problems.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos