cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1052DVL6A

GJ-1
Contributor I

Dear Team,

We are using MIMXRT1052DVL6A processor board, where we are having USB and uSD card interface. And we are successful in reading and writing the USB and uSD memory.

But when we extend the USB CABLE length to 1.5mtrs for accessing Pen drive from outside it is not getting detected. And for uSD card, we are using Standard Make uSD card to uSD card extension cable adapter with 10CM length for which SD card is detecting but it is not getting written,

So kindly suggest us the solution, since we are having a requirement of cable extension

Regards

Girish

CC: girishjoshi@emelectronix.com

rathna@emelectronix.com

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the later reply.

Do you have IMXRT1050-EVKB board on hand? If yes, please check if this EVK board also exist the same behavior? 

I also recommend customer to refer < i.MX RT Hardware Development Guide for the MIMXRT1050/MIMXRT1060 Processor > document. 

For the USB design, there with below tip for your reference:

USB_OTG1 interface or LPUART1(GPIO_AD_B0_12 and GPIO_AD_B0_13) should be reserved for
NXP flashloader tools, including firmware update, security and Fuse by setting BOOT MODE as serial
download mode. And of course USB_OTG1 can be used as normal USB 2.0 function. Besides, one thing should be taken care that USB TVS protection diode should select corresponding part for full-speed and high-speed USB application.

Wish it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos

GJ-1
Contributor I

Hi Mike,

Thank you for our response,

Yes we are having IMXRT1050-EVKB and we are testing on the same board and facing the reported issue, As reported uSD card was getting detected but not getting written with extended cable of 10CM length, pl find the attached photograph of the same.

And pen drive is working only with cable length of 10CM (attached photograph of the same) and not working with 1mtr. length.

Since we need to use these with extended cable length, so kindly give us the solution

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Girish,

I need to double check with i.MXRT product team about this issue. I will update later.

Could you help to let us know what's the part number of below SD extention cable? Thanks.

Hui_Ma_0-1653960625651.png

0 Kudos

GJ-1
Contributor I

Hi Mike,

PL find attached SD Card extension details what we have

Specifications for this item
Brand Name Color Compatible Devices Item Weight Material Model Number Part Number
LANMU
Black
GPS
10.5 grams
Plastic & FFC
K0222A01
GJ1_0-1653971067749.jpeg

Girish

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for the patience.

I did a test with below Micro SD card extend cable (Length: 25cm) and passed SD card read/write test.

Hui_Ma_1-1655090797891.png

I do not have RT1050 EVK board on hand, I am using RT1170 EVK board did the test.

Please refer below test result and environment:

Hui_Ma_2-1655090822051.png

Hui_Ma_5-1655091163434.png

Thanks for the attention.

Mike

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

We would like to purchase a similar Micro SD card extention cable to do the same test onsite.

Due to my location Shanghai (China) just ends lockdown and the logistics could recovery later. 

That could cause the delay response.

Sorry for that may cause the inconvenience.

Mike

0 Kudos

GJ-1
Contributor I

Dear NXP,

We are awaiting your reply

Girish

0 Kudos

GJ-1
Contributor I

Dear NXP Team,

We are awaiting your response/reply on my earlier post, we need immediate support as our project is stalled

0 Kudos