MFGtool for i.MX8 failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGtool for i.MX8 failing

Maddis
Contributor IV

I've been using MFGtool for i.MX6 for quite a many years already. Now I'm working with i.MX8QXP evaluation board and testing built-in eMMC. 

I downloaded MFGTool for i.MX8 and when configured evaluation board for serial download and starting MFGTool with rootfs it finds the device "HID-compatible device". Then if I press 'Start' - button nothing happens. (Except button text changes to Stop).

From mfgtool.log I can see this:

--

DLL version: 2.7.0
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 08:47:53 Start new logging
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CMyExceptionHandler thread is running
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: new MxHidDeviceClass
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: new MxHidDevice[06DF2AD0]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: new MxHidDevice[06E301C8]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: new MxHidDevice[06E50908]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: Device Manager thread is running
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Can't set m_hStopEvent before it initialized or it already stop

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0] device chagned and reset to state 0

--

Also, when pressing Stop -button and exiting program it still leaves MfgTool - process running on the background that needs to be killed.

Interestingly also it claims to be version 2.7.0 that is the same version that I used with i.MX6 when clearly it isn't same since the 2.7.0 'i.MX6 - variant' doesn't work with i.MX8 at all.

Should this work or is the mfgtool for i.MX8 'under development'? And if should work, any idea what to try next?

I'm running it on 64-bit Windows 7 machine although the binary seems to be 32-bit.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what bsp version do you need to download by mfgtool? and now we suggest that customer to use win10 PC to test it, if for latest version, we change to use UUU tools.

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

I'm using mfgtool from this package: L4.9.51_8mq-ga_mfg-tools.tar.gz

I tested with Win10 machine and result was exactly the same.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what board do you use? imx8MQ or imx8QM? the mfgtool you download is for imx8M, not for imx8

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

I'm using i.MX8QXP-MEK - board.

That was only mfgtool for i.MX8 I could find. Where I can find mfgtool for imx8q?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for imx8x, the latest bsp,like L4.14.78, only supports uuu tools, not mfgtool, for how to use you can refer to the document like this:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343017

I give some simple steps for imx8M, you can refer to it,  if you need more detailed information, pls refer to the user guide:

i.MX 8QuadXPlus Multisensory Enablement Kit | NXP 

find the doc named "L4.14.78_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS"

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

I downloaded latest uuu(from 1.2.91 from February 25th) version from link of your msg. When tried with imx8qxp-mek - development board in serial download - mode I got this message when I had usb-cable in usb-otg -  connector:

--

Wait for Known USB Device Appear...
New USB Device Attached at 1:1143
1:1143>Start Cmd:SDPS: boot -f "u-boot.bin"
1:1143>Fail HID(R):LIBUSB_ERROR_IO
←[?25h

--

If I have usb-cable in debug-connector nothing happens, but I guess this is expected.

I tried enabling verbose mode to get more info about the error, but that's all it produced.

0 Kudos