cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGTools support in barebox

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hello,

Is it possible to push commands to bootloader(in this case barebox) from MFGtool and not have to wait to load a kernel image in RAM first. SO just load the barebox in RAM and then send barebox commands?

I am able to send commands to Linux after I loaded zImage. But had to add support for UTP protocol.

In this case I should add support for UTP protocol in barebox as well? Does anybody have experience in this topic?

Thanks,

Mihaita 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mihaita 

you are right UTP protocol is used by mfg tools and kernel image should be used,

this is described in documentation included in mfg tool package.

One can try to customize this using mfg tool sources on

GitHub - codeauroraforum/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply but do you know how to add UTP support in the barebox ? Is there any patch available or UTP sources for barebox?

I did it for Linux but there mass storage code is different than on barebox.

Thanks,

Mihaita

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mihaita 

one can look at examples of its customizations :

https://git.congatec.com/imx6-mfg-tool 

NXP does not support barebox.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Ok, in the case of uboot for example. Let's say that you want to load uboot image in RAM using MFGtools and then directly push commads for uboot(not like now when you load also kernel image and afterwards you push commands).

In that case a UTP client device would have to be created in uboot already therefore you would need to also add support for UTP in uboot USB gadget drivers.

So my question would be : is there any patch available for adding UTP support in uboot source code? Or anybody has experience? I am asking because adding UTP support in Linux was easier but for uboot USB gadget stack some fucntionality is missing.

Thanks,

Mihaita

0 Kudos