cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGTool Download failed with UBoot Image size > 256KB

rkp
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to download Uboot and uImage ( linux 3.10.17) into parallel NOR ( WEIM NOR) of iMX6DL-Sabre auto board using Freescale MfgTool. My Uboot size is around 400KB and uImage size is around 5.5MB. I think my board's WEIM NOR size is 32 MB. I've used 'yocto daisy' project to build the u-boot and uImage using 'bitbake core-minimal-image' command.

While downloading, MfgTool is showing some error. Log  & UCL script is attached with this post.

Note: I can see that the Mfg tool can only copy 256KB of Uboot image. Is there any way to change this ?

I have downloaded the MFGTool source and built and tested it. Is there any way to overcome this size issue by changing configuration in MFGTool source?

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Roopesh

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gopishrk
Contributor I

Hi Roopesh,

Download and use the MFG tool from the link https://cache.freescale.com/secured/bsps/imx-3.10.17-1.0.0-ga-mfg-tools.tar.gz?__gda__=1420285702_e1...

You may need to edit the ucl2.xml file to get your work done

Best Regards

GRK

0 Kudos

rkp
Contributor I

Log & ucl2.xml files

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roopesh

you can try to change

dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mtd0 bs=128K">write U-Boot to WEIM-NOR</CMD>

to  bs=256K

btw, there are two MFG Tools, with different ucl2.xml:

IMX_6DQ_MFG_TOOL : Tool and documentation for downloading OS images to the i.MX 6Quad and i.MX6Dual.

IMX_6_MFG_L3.10.17_1.0.0_TOOL : i.MX 6Family Manufacturing Toolkit for L3.10.17.

which one are you using ?

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos